Save Me

A couple days had passed since I texted Sean. I was still trying to figure out the best way to break away from Billy and get out of the house. My biggest fear was him coming after us. He knew people and would know how to find me. I couldn't even go to the park without him knowing. He would constantly check my location to see where I was.

I was in the kitchen finishing up the dishes from dinner. I let the water out of the sink and started to dry my hands off. I turned around and jumped when I saw Billy standing there staring at me.

"You scared me," I said with a nervous chuckle as I placed my hand on my chest.

He just stood there and continued to stare at me. I started to feel uneasy.

"Everything okay?" I asked as I looked at him.

"You think I'm stupid?" he asked and I swallowed hard.

"N-No, what do you mean?" I asked, wondering what he was referring to.

"You have one chance to tell me something and you better say the correct thing. Are you screwing another guy?" he asked as he looked at me with anger in his eyes.

"What? No. What are you talking about?" I asked as my heart started to pound in my chest.

He brought his hand up and roughly smacked me across the face. I immediately tasted blood in my mouth.

"Don't lie to me!" he shouted as he grabbed onto me and pushed me back against the counter. "I know that you are screwing someone else!" he shouted at me as he got right in my face and I winced as I felt pain in my lower back.

"No! I'm not!" I shouted as I turned my head to the side and he pushed harder, the counter digging into my back. "Oww! Stop!" I shouted as I winced from the pain. "You're hurting me!"

He grabbed onto me and threw me down to the floor. He started to kick my body and I did my best to protect myself. I saw some blood on the floor and I let out a sob as I did my best to cover my face. He roughly pulled me up from the floor and dragged me over towards the basement door. I started to panic and grab on to anything that I could, but it was useless.

"Mommy!" I heard Emily's voice shout and I got a glimpse of her standing in the hallway clutching on to her favorite rainbow unicorn.

My heart shattered as I saw the fear in her eyes. I never wanted her to see this type of abuse. As I went to stand up from the floor, Billy shoved me and I started to roll down the basement steps until I reached the bottom. I winced as I tried to get up from the floor, but I was in too much pain.

"SHUT UP!" I heard Billy yell at Emily before he slammed the door and started to come down the steps.

I started to crawl away from the bottom of the steps as I let out a sob. It was too late. This was it for me. Billy grabbed onto my hair and started to drag me over towards the other side of the basement.

"NO!" I shouted as I struggled against him, but he was too strong and I was weak.

He threw my body against the floor. My head hit off of the floor and everything went black.

I didn't know how long I was out, but once I opened my eyes, I looked around and saw that I was still in the basement. I felt pain all over my body. As I turned onto my side, I felt something wrapped tight around my ankle. I looked down and saw that there was a lock around my ankle that was attached with a short chain to the wall. I sat up and winced as I tried to get my foot out.

"NO!" I shouted as I pulled at the lock and chain, but it wouldn't budge. "No," I said as I started to sob. "HELP!" I shouted as I looked up at the ceiling. "SOMEONE HELP ME!" I shouted as tears ran down my cheeks. "Please," I said through a sob as I squeezed my eyes shut.