Chapter 9

A loud slam shakes the table and the boys shut there mouths for the first time in what feels like forever. They stare at you and watch as you slide the paper to the middle of the table. "Okay calm down..." Stu mumbles as Billy reads over the paper. "This is a pretty good idea, you think he'll actually do that?" You look over at Hannibal... all you can do is hope.

    After you get the boys to agree with your idea you sit down at your original table. "Well, where have you been love?" Tiff asks. "She's been with... them." Carrie gives the boys the strongest side eye you've ever seen. Tiff looks you up and down. "What did that paper say?" You look away, how natural. "Cmon, you have to tell us! We're your friends Y/N." You glance at the boys table. You don't want to leave the girls behind, you can't do that to them, but you know the boys won't compromise and let them come. Both with Chucky and Tiffs beef, and the fact that their on the complete other side of the building. You sigh and slowly pull out the paper and unfold it. She scans the writing and looks back up at you. "You're planning to escape... with THEM??" Carrie laughs. "How the hell are they gonna escape? Their blabbering idiots." Tiff scoffs. "Well, if it does work..." Tiff looks into your eyes. "You're gonna leave me here." You feel worse than awful, completely ruined. You can't leave Carrie behind, and you DEFINITELY can't leave Tiff behind... but you can't risk the plan, it's to close to disaster already.

    You're hall gets to the free time room and you once again stall at the door. You're nervous, and very intimidated all while being no closer than the rooms width apart. As much of a brute as you are... he's pretty scary. Taking a deep breath you walk past Billy and Stu, past Brahms' table and to the farthest corner of the room. You can't help but feel like your footsteps are louder than normal, maybe that's why everyone's eyes are following your path so closely. Finally you find your way a foot from his table, grabbing a chair you pull it to sit facing his back as he's always facing the "window" that barely show a sliver of the outside world from in between the thick bars. After seconds that felt like hours, he finally speaks. "Good evening, Y/N." He greats you civilly as you hold the paper in your lap. "Common now, we don't have all day. Hand it over." You place the paper in his hands as he takes it. His eyes glide over the words, breaking eye contact for the first time. "I see... you want my help to find 'A place of solitude'?" He tilts his head. "For that escape plan those boys are planning correct?" You nod. He turns around to once again face the window. "I'll see what I can do." His head turns until you can just barely see one of his eyes. "But not for them." You put the chair back at the table and walk away. The conversation ended as quick as it started, the contrast between talking to him and talking to Stu is... concerning.

    "Well? Is he helping or what?" Stu asks worriedly. You nod and sit on the couch beside Bubba. He shoves more drawings in your hands as the boys celebrate and tell Freddy and Chucky about the news. Everything seems to have clicked into place, though the cogs can't start moving until yours and Hannibal's jobs have been done. Looking over you see your job staring right back at you...Michael. He stays sitting on the couch beside you. You look back, fighting what your brain is telling you: to look away. He slowly turns his head to look off into the distance that sits in front of him. Soon Stu's celebration got out of hand and Chucky once again ends up in "timeout" on top of the book shelf after attempting to bite Stu's ear off. Michael stays stationary, still as ever. Stu's annoyingness might be the only thing that can get Michael to react, even if it's something no one could notice like how still he is. All you can think of is how his brain works, and it almost makes you smile to think if he gives commentary on the things he sees, or if he has a distaste for anyone. Imagining him talking shit about someone like Freddy brings you the most joy you'll probably feel within this gloomy building. He must have 360 vision because he once again turns to look at you, before you could process it your flight outweighs your fight and your head shot to look back at the beat down thats occurring by the bookshelf hoping he can't see your faint smile.

    You had spoken to Hannibal a few times and he bounced locations off of you but the task seemed a lot more taxing that you had first thought. After getting to know him, you can tell that he has no interest in letting the boys in on what's going on, maybe that's his way of making the favour be for you. You think it'll be quite funny to have Stu bother everyone as to where we're going so you'll play along with his secretivity. Maybe this factor will play out to be an advantage, if any of the supervisors or guards get hints of our plan, Stu or Freddy's dumbass won't blab about our hiding spot. As Sunday rolled around, Hannibal came to you with what seems to be the perfect location... an abandoned estate within Wells-Goodfellow, St. Louis. From Smith's Grove it's only a little over a 4 hour drive, and it's within a wooded area.

    That night you laid in bed, staring at the ceiling and your mind went back to the events at lunch. Not the outburst, but Tiff and Carrie. The guilt is eating you alive, which is the reason you've stayed sitting awake. You've gone through so many ways to allow them to escape WITH you, but nothing has a good ending. After your brain chipped away at ideas you came to the only conclusion that you could. It'll allow them to know where you're going but not how to get out of here, or to even get there.

You sit awake long enough to see the cold white rays of light turn to pastel yellow as the sun started to rise...

𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗬: 𝟱 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗣𝗘