Ch.1

Hello there! I'm back with a story I will actually finish! I'm very sorry to all of the people who were reading my Klance story and found it was discontinued. The Voltron fandom was dwindling with the end of Season 8 and I was slowly starting to become uninterested. By the time I actually wanted to finish the story, I was logged out of my account. I will finish this story though, so don't fret. And with that over, please enjoy this Shin Suokoku AU!

POV: Atsushi

My closest friend and adoptive brother, Dazai Osamu, has forced me to go to a concert for a band I had never heard of before. He said it would be "A memorable experience for a college student like you!" I didn't quite understand, but I just let him ramble on about it. I only agreed to go with him because I felt like I owed him that much. His family took me in when I was at my lowest. When the orphanage kicked me out, Dazai found me and begged his parents to take me in. They were the nicest people I had ever met and I couldn't be more grateful.

"Atsushi-Kun!" I heard Dazai yell from across the house. "What do you need!" I yelled back. Dazai suddenly burst through my bedroom door and jumped on my bed, practically scaring me out of my skin. "JESUS! What's wrong with you!" I yell at him, startled at his sudden (and rude) entrance. "Look at these pictures of the band I'm taking you to see this weekend." He said, calm as ever. He showed me his phone and I saw three people. The one in the middle was the main singer. He was shorter than the rest with long red hair and ocean blue eyes. The two people behind him were almost the exact same, though one was more attractive, in my eyes at least. They both played guitar and wore light-colored masks that stopped me from seeing the entirety of their faces. The drummer was in the very back. He had short red hair and had cream-colored bandages littering his face. I found myself staring at one of the dark-haired people in the band the most. He was well-built and rather handsome, despite the mask he wore.

"They're pretty cool, right?" I heard Dazai say. "Yeah." I answer simply, to not get him too riled up. He gets genuinely excited when people share similar interests and starts to info-dump every chance he gets. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but once he gets going, you really can't shut him up. "KIDS! DINNER'S READY!" our mother yelled from downstairs, her voice faint through the closed door. Dazai rolled out of my bed onto the floor, making a loud thud ring throughout the house. I sighed and got up from my bed and walked to the door. I heard Dazai shuffle behind me to follow me down the stairs.

"There's my two favorite boys!" said our mama, Tane Dazai. She was tall with dark hair and sweet hazel-colored eyes. Our other mom, Kiya Dazai, walked into the dining room to greet us. She was slightly shorter than Tane and had dark-colored eyes that were paired with milk chocolate-colored hair. She looked exhausted and the stress of the day was prevalent in the way she moved. "Mom! Are you okay?" the concern for the woman who had cared so dearly for me rang clearly through my words. "Just tired sweetie." She said calmly, a small, weary smile creeping onto her face. "God! You look terrible honey!" said mama Tane. "I love you too Tane." Said, mom. "Come on, I made Yakitori for dinner." Mama Tane said, the love for mom lacing every word she said. I heard Dazai holler in excitement from the other room. Yakitori was one of our favorites. We all sat at the table and enjoyed the wonderful meal that mama Tane had made.

I pulled myself up the stairs after dinner. I ate way too much. My stomach felt heavy, being so full of food. Once I had reached my room, it was cold and dark. I could see my curtains blowing in through the window. That's so odd. I could have sworn that I didn't open my window today. I shrugged it off and figured it must have been Dazai. I walk to the upstairs bathroom to take a shower. The warm water soon hit my skin as I stepped into the shower. My mind blank as I do my normal shower routine. I reach out and grab a fluffy towel off of the hook next to the shower. Once I'm dry, I wrap myself up and walk to my bedroom next door. I change into a pair of pale blue cloud print pajamas and hop into bed. The smell of the clean covers filled my nose as I cuddled into my pillows and blankets. Sleep overtook me sooner than I had thought and finally took me into its embrace.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to writing for this story in the time that will come!