Chapter 3

So very sorry it took me so long to post this! School (and the holiday season) is really nipping my ass right now! I hope to be able to update more frequently, but I can't make any promises. Enjoy the chapter!

POV: Atsushi

*Flash-forward to the weekend*

Dazai decided to wake me up at dawn for a concert that started at five. "Why am I getting up so early?" I question. "Because! I wanna bring you a few other places before the concert itself!" He said, the excitement in his voice more evident than usual. I smiled to myself as he left my room to let me get ready. It made me happy that I was making my brother happy. A thought came to mind that made my smile falter. What on Earth am I supposed to wear to this concert! I'd never even listened to any of their music before! Jeez! I walked over to my closet and pulled open the doors. I move over all the shirts and grab a pair of black ripped jeans from the shelving behind them. I then shuffle through all my shirts and settle on a simple white t-shirt under a lavender hoodie. I pack a small bag with the things I need (my wallet, phone, etc.) and head out my bedroom door. I walk down the stairs to see Dazai destroying a cream cheese bagel. "Atsushi! You ready?" he said, cream cheese covering the area around his mouth. "Yeah. We'll leave after you wipe your face." I answered. He laughed and cleaned his face with a napkin on the counter. "Let's go!"

The car ride into the city was ...interesting. Dazai decided to play songs from the band we're going to see, and I have to say that they aren't bad at all. A few songs reminded me of Dazai himself. The lyrics of one of their songs were genuinely reminiscent of him. "Achilles, Achilles, Achilles come down. Won't you get up off, get up off the roof. You're scaring us and all of us, some of us love you, Achilles there's not much but there's proof." It made me frown thinking about his attempted suicide scare shortly before I was adopted. I remember when I did see him in the hospital, I was usually with his moms. I never once saw his friends there. He said they visit him on their way home from school. It saddened me because I did want to meet them, but was never given the chance. Dazai quit talking to them about a month after I was adopted. He told me he wanted to focus on being a good brother to me. It made me truly mad because he was already a good brother. He didn't need to leave people that loved him. He shrugged it off and continued. Guilt still eats away at my heart because I feel as though it's my fault that he no longer has those friends.

"Atsushi-kun! We're at the first place!" Dazai said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look out the windshield to see a quaint town square filled with small shops. "Dazai this place is adorable! Why did you bring me here though?" questions rang through my mind as I wonder why he brought me here. "I brought my first boyfriend here for a date once after a concert. I wanna show my baby brother all the good date spots for his future ~lover~." He said. "DAZAI!" my face flushed red at the thought. I've been single ever since my senior year of High school and the idea of bringing a lover of mine out on dates made me embarrassed beyond belief. Dazai laughed and dragged me into a small antique store where he bought a wooden goose. "Why on Earth did you buy that?" I ask. "Look at how stupid it is Atsushi! How could I not buy it!" he yelled, handing me the bag it was placed in. We then went to several other tiny stores and bought random things. We went out for lunch shortly after, getting takeout from a Chinese Restaurant.

After lunch, Dazai brought me to the nearby park. It was a big, beautiful area with lots of flowers and trees. He brought me over to a lake and took a bag of dried peas out of his backpack. He opened it and threw a handful on the ground in front of us. "What are you doing now?" I question, tired of Dazai's stupid antics. "Feeding the ducks!" he said, brimming with enthusiasm. We stood there for about twenty minutes, waiting for the ducks to come over to us and eat the peas. I looked around and saw a sign that said the ducks have migrated for the winter season. "Dazai." He looked over to me, smiling wide. "There are no ducks. They've migrated already." I said. Dazai's smile fell as he realized I was right. "Dammit! I do this every time!" he yelled. We laugh and head back to the car.

We finally get to go to the concert! I was bursting with excitement. This was my first concert and I get to spend it with my older brother. The car stopped and I shook myself out of my daze. "Wait here." Said Dazai, getting out of the car. He came back shortly, a dozen roses in hand. "You REALLY like this band don't you?" I ask. "...Yeah." He says slowly, his voice barely over a whisper. That was strange, considering the act that he was usually so enthusiastic. "Let's go!" he said suddenly, seemingly back to normal. The rest of the car ride was silent, the roses separating us. The car rolled to a stop as we reached the venue in which the concert was being held. The excitement that had been bubbling throughout my body was finally about to burst. I grabbed Dazai's arm and smiled with anticipation. He laughed and grabbed the bouget from the car. "Let's head in!" he said.

We were stood in the middle of the second row. Being this close to the stage made me nervous and sweaty. "Dazai, how did you get seats this close to the stage?" I asked. I knew he made good money being a Journalist for the ADA, but I didn't know he could afford to buy these kinds of premium tickets. "I have my ways." He said, puffing his chest in pride. The lights then were tuned down slowly and people around me cheered in delight. Confusion wrapped my brain. Was this normal? Was I supposed to cheer? Why were they cheering for the lights going down? A spotlight then hit the stage, illuminating the figure standing on it. Three other lights shot on, illuminating the other members of the band. The cheers of the crowd grew louder and louder as each of the members came into view. I cheered along with them, confused cheering, but cheering nonetheless. "HAVING FUN?" I heard Dazai yell over the crowd. "I DON'T KNOW!" I yell in response. I could see him laugh, his smile wide and sweet.

"Hello to our lovely fans!" said the long-haired redhead on stage. "We hope you all have fun tonight! Don't be afraid to make some noise!" his voice was smooth and welcoming. I look to his left and see the dark-haired boy from the pictures Dazai showed me. He was standing still, guitar in hand. He was even more handsome in person, his features shining in the light. His bangs were pinned back with small, gold hairpins, only visible to the people standing close to him. The other band members were standing just as still as he was, instruments ready for the peoples' playing pleasures.

The red-head in the center of the stage sang beautifully. His voice just as smooth as before. The vocals and instrumentals seemed to mix perfectly. We were about halfway through the concert when he suddenly stopped. His band members stopped playing, confusion easily showing through the expressions on their faces. I look over at Dazai, his eyes never leaving the stage. He and the lead singer seemed to be having some sort of sad quarrel. The other band members seemed to follow the gaze of the red-head onto Dazai. The shock was all too evident. Dazai had that distant look on his face, the distant look he gave when he thought about his past friends. it finally clicked. These were Dazai's past friends and he wanted to take me to this concert not only so he could see THEM again, but so they could see US

The singer shook his head after about 5 minutes of complete silence. The crowd made little noise, whispering almost silently. "I'm so very sorry for the interference! The show must go on!" he yelled through the mic. His voice was slightly shaky and his forehead sweaty. The other band members looked concerned for him. All except for the dark-haired boy. He glared daggers at Dazai, then to me shortly after. I'm sure the fear I felt at that very moment was being shown oh-so clearly on my face. The music seemed to continue almost as though nothing had happened. 

The next chapter flows with the hoes. The band and the brothers interact all together for the first time! We also meet a new character! Happy reading!