Chapter 4

yuh

POV: Atsushi

Everything around me seemed to tone itself out. I felt something stream down my face. Tears. I had started to cry. Why? Why am I crying right now? Because he glared at me? Why did it hurt me so deeply? His grey eyes were so full of hatred and anger. I felt horrid. It had to have been my fault. Everything that has caused these people to grow apart was because of me. If Dazai hadn't met me, then none of this would have happened. Dazai would probably be singing with the red-head on that very stage and I would probably be dead in a ditch somewhere. It's what I truly deserve after tearing apart the lives of so many.

"...Sushi...Atsushi...ATSUSHI!" my name was being called out, louder and louder each time. I shook myself out of my depressive trance to see Dazai. His hands were on my shoulders, the concern for my well-being displayed on his face. "What's wrong? What happened? Why are you crying? Did somebody do something to you? Do I need to hurt someone? Do I..." "Dazai! I'm okay, just shook up. Got to thinking of my past again." I felt bad for lying, but it can't be that bad if it was a partial truth, right? He furrowed his brows, not quite believing me. "I'm okay! Really!" I answer his unspoken questions, the tears in my face slowly starting to dry.

The concert ended shortly after my miniature depressive episode and a bodyguard came over to me and Dazai. "The band would like to see the both of you." He said, his voice deep and husky. Dazai sighed loudly and followed the mad almost immediately. "How've they been since I left?" Dazai questioned. I knew it. They were his friends. Guilt ate away at my heart. "Okay, I suppose. Sort of resentful, but that's to be expected.'' He said. The stadium was empty, the only people remaining being us. We were led behind the stage and into a small room with several chairs. "Good luck." Said the man, not so optimistic.

We waited. And waited. And waited. "...you all need to talk to them. Especially HIM. You have pent-up anger and you need to let it out. Just don't hurt the kid. He seems fragile. He had nothing to do with what DAZAI did. Face them you pussies!" A woman said behind the door. Grunts and groans of frustration came from the people she was talking to. Soon, a lady peeked her head in through the door and smiled at us. She was tall and pretty with blonde hair and green eyes. She pushed the door open further to let the band members trudge in. The last person to enter the room being the lead singer.

The woman introduced herself as Higuchi and left shortly after. We all sat in uncomfortable silence. I look up to see every single band member staring at me. I became nervous and sweaty. "...HeLlo," I say, voice shaking and cracking. The drummer snorted and caused the other band members to laugh slightly. I felt my nerves melt away ever-so-slightly. "Are you Dazai's brother?" he asks. "I am. His family adopted me shortly before I turned 16." I answer, voice swaying the tiniest bit. "I'm Tachihara." He said. "Gin and Ryuunsuke Akutagawa are the sibling guitarists. The lead of our band in Chuuya Nakahara." I nod in acknowledgment. None of them even spared a glance towards Dazai. "How are you feeling?" said the girl quietly. "Honestly, not very good." My voice was now barely over a whisper. All but the Akutagawa boy shared a concerned look. "What's your name?" Chuuya says. "Atsushi. Atsushi Nakajima." He hums in acknowledgment. "Why don't you feel good?" asked Tachihara. "Um, I feel awkward in this situation. Like it's not my place to say much." I answer. "We don't want HIM to talk much." He said.

From the other side of the door, we heard someone scoff. Higuchi soon opened the door, a platter of drinks in hand. Mostly water bottles filled it. Her hands looked very full, so I got up from my chair to help her. She smiled at me and I could see Gin glare. Her glare was nowhere near as menacing as her brother's. It was mostly to let me know that Higuchi was her mate. I smile and nod at both of them and set the tray it took from Higuchi on the table in the middle of the room. Before Higuchi left, she turned and said, "Talk to Dazai. None of you are leaving until you do."