- 02.

jeon jungkook.

a 19 year old gay college student with a uncurable obsession with the moon.

in short, just call him a selenophile.

you might be wondering how he developed an obsession with the moon you may ask? well during his childhood, his mother (who unfortunately died when jungkook was ten because of cancer, dear god may bless her soul) always kept telling him that his doe eyes looked beautiful and mesmerizing just like the moon and jungkook was that kind of a person who loves compliments so much that ever since then, he started having an obsession with the moon, comparing it with his big doe eyes and at the same time while doing so, he fell in love at the way the moon cast it's light above us.

according to him, the moon was the most mysterious and beautiful thing he had ever seen in his whole life, beside the stars of course.

the moon was also the only thing that comforted him when his mother died.

during those nights as he cried for her, the moon was there for him, comforting him through the silence as it shone it's light, giving him hope that there is always a light after the darkness.

for years, his obsession over the moon continued. he wanted to be an astronaut one day to travel and see the moon up close and that is the reason why he took the aerospace engineering course in college.

his father had always supported him and jeongguk was eternally grateful for that.

the doe eyed male just woke up from his deep slumber, hands rubbing both of his eyes, letting himself slowly rise from his bed. the cold air that enveloped his whole dark room welcomed his skin, giving him tingles and shivers from the amount of cold his air conditioner produces.

why is it so cold all of a sudden?

the lights of his bedroom were off, making the room dark, only the bright light of the full moon on the beautiful night sky can be seen illuminating through his thick curtains.

the moon hasn't entered his sight yet, in fact, he hasn't seen it, not yet as his windows are still closed and the thick curtains are still up. jungkook could feel his teeth chatter in the cold and he tried to cover himself with the blanket on his bed.

a thought immediately popped up in his mind. why is it quiet all of a sudden?

he then turned on the lights of his room and he squinted his eyes when the light burned his vision for a second. his surroundings were abnormally quiet. normally at this time, he can hear the loud horns of cars on the streets and a loud booming music from a club not just far away from his building as he was living in an expensive condo unit, all by himself.

of course, the perks of being a college student.

a seconds later, he was then startled by the continuous ringing of notifications on his phone, the texts and missed calls are from seokjin and most of them are from jimin.

his eyes squinted in confusion and immediately sat up.

"why am I receiving calls from them all of a sudden?" jungkook said. he was about to click those notifications from seokjin when suddenly he heard a loud growl outside of his apartment that instantly made his heart stop for a second.

jeongguk swallowed harshly as his eyes stared at his door for a moment, a dreadful feeling slowly creeping in.

"who is that?!" jungkook dared to yell, he waited for a response but none came. he then tiptoed slowly towards his front door, avoiding making any noise and immediately grabbed his baseball bat that was placed in the corner.

numerous thoughts filled his mind and his gut feeling is telling him that something is wrong but he ignored it instead.

he took a deep breath. okay, calm down, jungkook. you got this.