chapter 1

the weather was breezy, xiao could feel his hair flowing in the direction of the wind current, revealing the two smooth locks that he tucked behind his ear. they gently flowed downwards, framing his face. he took his headphones out from his bag which was slinged on one shoulder and put them on, humming to his favourite song while walking to school. xiao had just dropped his sister, qiqi, off at elementary school. not like he has to worry about her anyway. since really young, qiqi has been very smart, so xiao knows qiqi wouldn't get herself into any sort of trouble. he was at peace.

soon, lively chattering filled the atmosphere. his close friends, xiangling, chongyun, and xingqiu caught up to xiao, and scared him. "boo!" xingqiu teased ,before seeing xiaos startled look. "come on babe, dont scare him. look at him!" xingqiu's boyfriend, chongyun laughed. xiao stared at them, thinking "how childish are they?" then, he giggled, "thats why theyre my best friends of course."

when they entered the school, the peace was interrupted. "oh god, not another day of chaos." xiangling mumbled under her breath. xiao, xingqiu and chongyun giggled. "lets go boys,," she continued. the four of them entered the class, unexpectedly seeing venti, a popular boy from the school band, lying on the table, sobbing. his face was flushed red and tears were spilling down his face.

being the 2 faced boy xiao is, ( aka sometimes nice, and sometimes rude and ignorant but leaning more towards the ignorant side ,,) he felt like he couldnt care less. "what's his problem anyway ??" he pointed towards ventis table, whispering the words to his best friends. "dunno" they replied. there was still 40 minutes till their homeroom teacher would come into the classroom and start homeroom period. the four of them crowded at xiaos table, talking about what they usually talk about. ( life ??)

xiao couldnt handle seeing ventis shoulder shaking aggresively while having some sort of "mental breakdown" and shedding so much tears, enough to make a whole ocean. so, xiao decided to confront and ask him whats wrong. he pushed his chair, stood up and told his pals, " 'll be back." they nodded in unison, and xiao walked over to the sobbing boy. "hey." he bumped venti's shoulder, and murmured in a deep tone. "h-hm?" venti looked up, wiping his tears.

"god, he looks so god damn pretty. how can one look so good looking while crying. isnt that the ugliest face someone can make." ( other than the..... you know,, ) xiao thought to himself. he could get lost in those shining aqua green eyes forever, and those aqua-tip braids, how pretty.. "w..wait what am i thinking? no." xiao thought to himself. "h-hello?" venti stuttered, confused as to why xiao wasnt responding.

"oh!,, uhmmmm i was wondering why you were crying, you good there buddy?" xiao answered quickly. "n-not r-really.." venti replied to his question. "whats wrong?" xiao kneeled down, locking eyes with the boy whos head is laying on the table. venti blushed upon staring into xiaos eyes. his heart fluttered.

xiao felt the same. "you wanna talk outside? theres a lot of people here, theyre staring at you." xiao quickly said, wanting to have alone time with venti. "y-yeah, youre right, itll p-probably be embarrassing. lets head to the toilet. ill tell you what happened when we're alone." venti managed to say those words in between sobs and hiccups.

"how cute.." xiao thought. he held ventis shoulders and they walked out of the classroom together. "hm? whats with those two?" xiangling teased from afar, eyes looking at the direction of the door, where xiao and venti walked out. chongyun and xingqiu looked at each other mischievously,  with giggles following up after that. the three of them smirked.

both of the medium lengthed haired boys walked towards the mens toilet together. thankfully there was no one inside, so they had alone time together. they both locked themselves up in one of the changing room cubicles, and xiao asks the question again. "w-well..here's how it goes..." venti proceeds to storytell xiao about his mother. ( :[ )

since young, venti only had a mother. his parents divorced when he was 5 and he never saw his father again. his mother lived a very restless life taking care of herself and venti while working night shifts almost everyday so venti couldn't see his mother often too. that day, an unfortunate event happened. venti's mother had decided to take her own life as she could not handle the workload anymore. the principal had just called venti to the office to tell him about that horrific news, thats why venti returned to class in a really bad mood. he started bottling his feelings up till he broke down and started sobbing.

xiao lent a listening ear to venti, and venti was really relieved someone decided to hear him out. as his mother had really high expectations set for him academic and attitude wise, he has been putting lots of pressure on himself to become one of the most "perfect", "popular" and "smartest"  students in the school. most people only hang around him because he was really smart and perfect, and not for his personality as he was really quiet and innocent.

xiao listened to all that, and felt amazed that a boy he wasnt close to really spilled his heart out to him. he couldnt believe venti told him all the confidential information about him. xiao never felt like this before, people usually dont trust him with information as his dark coloured hair and moody face always looks scary and sly. xiao was really grateful. "here.. " xiao hugs venti tightly, as a form of telling him that he was here for venti, and didnt want him to feel lonely. venti was shook, and his aqua-tip braids glowed. he pulled xiao in for a tighter, and warmer hug also meaning that he was really thankful.