chapter 2

the school bell went off.

the both of them returned to class and homeroom period started.

"what were you and him doing, lovebirds ???" xiangling teased xiao, but he was too mesmerised with ventis looks.

he was busy staring at ventis pretty hair and glowing pale skin. he couldnt get ventis face out of his mind. he was.. in love.

"hEY!" chongyun kicked xiaos chair from behind, startling him suddenly. "w-what!" he said, shocked. "daydreaming about your lover,huh ?"

"what, no.. he probably doesnt even like me back, its only the first time we talked to each other. my feelings are just getting ahead of me, its probably infactuation!"
xiao thought to himself,
"venti, huh. pretty name"
he blushed.

school ended

everyone packed their bags, leaving the classroom. some people were crowding around in their own little friend groups, planning on where to hang out after school. xiao on the other hand, needed to pick his sister up from school, so he couldnt hang out with his friends. venti stood up and walked over to xiaos table.

"hey.. i was wondering if you have any plans after school? you know.. you really cheered me up this morning and i wanted to do something to repay you.." venti asked, feeling really shy. he must have mustered lots of courage to say that.

"oh.. id love to go somewhere with you, venti but im sorry i have to pick my little sister up from school." xiao responded, feeling sad as he really wants to hang out with venti too.

they both really wanted to get closer to each other. the first time they talked to each other, ( that morning ) they felt like they had some special connection to each other.

"oh! you have a little sister..?? how cute! can i see her?" ventis eyes lit up. he always had a soft spot for children, and always wanted to have a younger sibling. "well, if you insist i suppose so. but lets get going right now or we'll be late." xiao agreed.

on the way to qiqi's elementary school, xiao and venti had a long conversation about life, and they got to know more about each other. venti was really glad that someone finally had common interests and could understand him well.

xiaos feelings about venti were mutual too. the sun was setting, and the sky was orange coloured that fades into red. venti zoned out,admiring the sunset. xiao looked at venti's bright smile and thought, "he really looks hella beautiful,i cant believe my eyes. hes so pretty."

xiao picked qiqi up from school and venti patted her head."awhhh how cute!" it mustve been his first time talking to a child since he had no relatives or younger siblings.

afterwards, xiao sent qiqi home and made a quick dinner for her and his mother, ning guang ( it was his turn to make dinner for that day and his mother was busy cleaning ) before going out again. "momm, ill be back after i eat dinner with my friend." he hollered. "okayokay have fun you two! love you!" ning guang responded. "alright... love you.. too" xiao wasnt used to saying "i love you" to people, since young he thought its weird and embarrassing to say that, even to his parents. however, he wanted to put on his best side in front of venti, as he did not want him to think badly of xiao.

venti was lost in his thoughts: "the way he says it is so cute.. i wonder if he would say that to me if i said i love you too.." after that, they paced out of the house and went to a restaurant to eat. "my treat." venti said when they were done eating, as a form of saying "thanks for this morning"

on the way home,( they only live a few houses away from each other but xiao only knew that day ) they came across a river. "wow look at these fireflies! how pretty" they both squealed. it was quite a romantic scene.

they walked home together.