chapter 5

since then, xiao has been ignoring venti to try and get over him, and maybe start liking ganyu. however, that never worked out. whenever venti tried to talk to xiao, the boy just walked pass him like he was thin air.

"did i do something wrong..?" venti thought to himself while xiao continues to not reply to his messages or talk to him at all. xiao felt bad, but think slowly trying to remove venti from his life is the only way to get over him. he knows that he'd get heartbroken if he starts crushing on venti harder.

to xiao, venti does not like him back and is just being nice to people around him. he thinks that venti is treating him the same as other people, but that was not the case.

for the next few days, xiao kept ignoring venti, even his close friends thought it was mean and unusual for him to be acting that way. throughout the 5 years of their friendship, they havent seen xiao act like that before.

a few weeks has passed

venti wanted to end his life, and join his mother in the afterlife. theres so much freedom there, isnt that right? ..and he wouldnt be feeling the heartache hes having whenever he sees xiao and ganyu together.

"hah.. mom, im coming" venti smiled, his face looks drained and pale. "i had enough of love. it shouldnt have been me." soon, summer break was about to start.

TIMESKIP

summer break was about to end.

that weekend, venti tried to overdose. he wanted to end his suffering. unfortunately to him, it didnt work. he just ended up vomiting and had intense pain felt in his body whenever he overdosed on the pills. "shucks, who told me overdosing was the most p-peaceful way to end your life." venti mumbled in between coughs. he runs to his toilet and started throwing up, and coughing blood continuously.

luckily, venti's childhood friend, keqing, visited him on the same day and found him lying unconscious in the bathroom. she quickly called the ambulance and he was soon sent to the hospital.

school had started

in class, their homeroom teacher, miss kujou, announced that venti would be absent for the next few weeks as he would be settling at ******* hospital for awhile. when xiao and his friends heard what miss kujou said, they gasped and xiao started worrying a lot that he could not focus in class.

not longer later, school had ended. xiao packed his bag quickly while ganyu asks if he could hang out after school. however, xiao did not hesitate to say that hes busy. he wanted to visit venti and see his face again.

xiao arrives at the hospital and check with the counter to see which ward venti was at.

xiao opens venti's room door and sits beside him. he stares at ventis face, admiring it, regretting the fact that he had chosen ganyu over venti. "it doesnt matter if you dont like me back, id pick you over anyone anytime, anywhere. just let me love you." xiao said to the unconscious soul lying on the bed, "please.. wake up will you." xiao started tearing up. then, he returned home.

venti woke up a few hours later, seeing nurses beside his bed. "w-where am i?" he asked, confused and feeling uncomfortable. "hospital, you coughed out so much blood and collapsed, some purple haired girl called the hospital and got you sent here."

one of the nurses replied while changing his blanket. "ah..so i didnt succeed in what i was doing" he thought.

the next day in the evening, he went up to the roof of the building and stayed up there for a few hours, thinking about xiao and about how nice itd be if he dated venti. "not possible aha,," he chuckled.

he stood at the edge of the building. about to fall. he could feel the wind caressing his face and swept his hair behind him, helping him recall the wind blowing on his face that day when he went out with xiao.  his brows narrowed, wanting to slap himself for hesitating. he leaned forward, and sees the height of the building. "damn." he said to himself, "time to say goodbye".

venti let his body do the work. as he was about to fall, a sweaty hand grabbed him from above. "VENTI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU HAVE TO LIVE." xiao screams, with tears. you could see the pain in his eyes. he didnt want to see his loved one die in front of him. he holds ventis hand tight with both of his hands, trying to pull the boy back up while ventis body is dangling down the building. xiao started crying and shouting aggressively at venti, " I LOVE YOU. please.. dont leave me. come on!!" "im tired.. xiao. how did you even find me." he stares at xiao, not believing that he was actually crying for him. xiao's heart was aching and didnt respond to ventis question.

xiao started pulling venti back up. "ill break up with ganyu, for you venti. i love you so god damn fucking much please.." he yells. "god, give me the strength i need. i dont want to lose him." his inner voice spoke, "live for me." that minute, venti successfully got back up, but xiao tripped on accident. he gasped, eyes open wide. with his aching, almost useless arm, venti couldnt do anything to pull his crush up.

venti watched xiao fall.

he had a traumatised look in his face and started sobbing, screaming xiaos name. "say my name if you need me, venti" flashbacks of xiao saying that to him pops up into ventis mind.

he called the ambulance quickly, even though he had no hope xiao would survive at that height. he just wanted to cry out loud for days. he couldnt get over xiao's death. he couldnt believe xiao died, trying to save him.

for the next few days, he couldnt bring himself to go to school. he just had no motivation to. soon, he pulled himself together and visited xiaos grave. he started talking to the tombstone. "xiao.. i .. i love you too, a lot.. why didnt you tell me. and i just wanted to tell you.. i will live for you. those were your last words werent they? ill fulfil your wish." tears dripped down venti's aqua-green eyes. he placed xiao's favourite flowers, qingxin, on the grave and walked away, knowing xiao would be proud of him.

-the end-

i feel embarrassed writing this. but thank you for reading all the way to the end i made this ff for fun (???) yeah & i apologise for the sudden ending ╥﹏╥

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 🎉