Chapter 8

Princess Emika was walking through the halls to her and Izana's shared bedroom. A lot of thoughts were going her mind right now.

Previously ----

"Your highness, we were attacked by a group of bandits." Commander said.
Izana froze on his spot, "You are excused."  He bowed and left the couple to themselves.

"Why didn't you tell me ?" Izana said in a low tone, his head was hung low. "Huh ?" Emika asked as she couldn't catch the whole sentence. "I asked, why didn't you tell me this ?!" His tone was now sharp and cold, voice raised. "I..-..uh-" Emika started but couldn't finish.

"What were you thinking ?! You didn't even tell me that you were injured!" Izana's voice started to break and the coldness was evident. Emika felt guilty wash all over her body.

"I am sorry but I didn't want you or anyone else to worry with my problem."  Emika stated, Izana blinked at her for a brief moment and then busted out laughing. A humourless laugh. She could sense the anger and hurt behind that laughter.

"Don't you think that I'm enough worried. You know what you can't live in a relationship if you don't have trust in each other. "  Izana said, "And after this, I think I can hardly trust you anymore."  Emika was shocked.
"W-what-?" Emika stuttered. Izana stepped closer to her, more closer. Emika took steps back as he was moving closer. Emika was now trapped between his strong arms. "How could you do this to me ?" Izana whispered, he unconsciously grabbed her in the shoulders causing her to wince in pain.
Izana noticed this and quickly removed his hand. Emika held her shoulder, the pain was kicking in.
Izana quickly took her hand and dragged her to the pharmacy. Garrack came out in panic. "Your highness, what happened ?!" "Please check her shoulder."  Garrack took Emika to sit in a chair and checked her wound.
Izana's heart shattered when he saw the deep wound. "It's been almost a week but why didn't the wound heal ?" Izana asked in a shaky voice, surprised and confused.
"Unfortunately, the wound is deep and the poisoned arrow directly hit here, as it didn't get immediate cure, it got worse. And the most worse fact is that another serious injury in that same place it may cause a more major problem."  Garrack replied.

Emika just lowered her head, again one of her reckless actions lead them to here. It reminded her of her home. Her childhood. How her brother would have scolded her if he was alive. Garrack noticed the tension and left them to themselves.

"I am sorry." Both of them said at the same time. Izana nodded his head, accepting the apology. "But please don't do that again."  "I am sorry but I can't promise you that."  Emika said out.
Izana was stunned...stunned on what he just heard from his fiancee. "What ?" He slowly mumbled, "I can't stop myself from all these. All these are bound to happen with me."  Izana was a bit confused. "It has always been like this ever since I was a child." Emika said, "I was strictly prohibited from getting sick or hurt but every time my recklessness would lead to something against it. And I don't think I can give you that promise, afterall I am not someone who breaks promises." "Very well then." Izana got up from his seat, "I will be leaving in next two days."

And these two days, Izana had avoided Emika like she wasn't even present. Emika hated that guilty feeling that she was feeling. She couldn't stay but keep telling herself that she's the one who is guilt and which she knew, she was. She knew that she was responsible for the condition and she was the who has to make it clear.

Almost three months  has passed since that incident but Emika never got a break from all these thoughts.

Suddenly, she felt a presence behind her. Emika turned around and came face-to-face with two guards. Yes, Izana has appointed guards to keep an eye on Emika and protecting her from any kinds of danger.
"Princess Emika." They bowed, "You know, you don't have to follow me around everywhere." She chuckled, "But it's his highness's orders." She shook her head, the sad smile still on her face, "He worries too much about me."

She again turned around to leave but came across Prince Zen. "Prince Zen!" "Princess Emika!!" "Aish..don't be too formal with me." "Haha. Force of habit." "It's okay but I wanted to talk to you about something." "Ah, sure!" Zen waited patiently for her to continue. "I don't know if it's selfish for me to ask but I want you take the responsibility to check out everything going on the palace for a few days.." she spoke, "I want to go out for a few days." Zen could've declined her wish but instead said with a small smile, "I can handle that." "Are you sure ?" "Yes." He nodded, enthusiastically. Emika shot him a smile before bidding him farewell.
Zen smiled to himself, afterall knowing the incidents through past months , that's the only thing he could do for her. All she needs right now is just a break from all these.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Izana on the other hand, was in the same condition as Emika.
He never thought that Emika would confess something like this. Currently, he was on his way to Wilant. He reached the place and greeted his mother, as usual. "Mother." He took seat opposite to his mother, "How are you doing ?" "I am good enough." She smiled, "How about you Izana ?" "Just fine." The Queen just gave him a small smile before saying, "How is princess Emika ?" He stiffened a bit before replying, "She..she is also just fine." He managed to managed to say. "You really love her very much, don't you ?" Queen asked, Izana just nodded, cheeks dusted a light shade of pink.
"Then you shouldn't have behaved like that infront of her." Haruto sighed, Izana looked at his mother in confusion which soon cleared when she held out a letter. It turns out that the Queen sent Princess Emika a letter and she informed her about the events that occurred in the castle in her reply. Izana was a bit mad at his mother because she knew about her injury but didn't even try to inform him.
"Mother." Izana called.
Queen looked up and rose a brow, asking him to continue.
"I want to know what happened in Crystal kingdom, a few years ago."

_________________________________

Thank you for reading! Let me know your thoughts!