Chapter 1: The First Encounter

Ashley p.o.v

Ring, ring... ring, ring...
"Damn it... shut up you stupid alarm." I reached my phone and shut the alarm.
As my eyes got heavy again, I heard my mom's voice.

"Ashley wake up! You'll be late for your school" Mom called me hurriedly.
"Just five more minutes mom... I'll be out of the bed." I answered back while tossing to the other side of the bed.

"Fine, but I won't come again! You can wake up or be late."
I sighed and peeked from my blanket to check if she is gone.
"Yes! Finally I can sleep more."

This time that my eyes got heavy again, I heard my dad's voice.
"Sweetheart, wake up. I want to leave for work, and I want to leave with my beautiful daughter" He patted my hair.

I whined defeatly and opened my eyes. Yes! The way he talks is my weakness.
"Yes dad. I'll be there in a minute."
He smiled and left my room.

I woke up and headed toward the bathroom, washed my face, did my business and took a mini shower; then came out.

I headed downstairs for breakfast.
"Morning..." I yawned.
My parents turned their heads toward me.
"Look who's finally awake!" My mom smiled sarcastically, and dad accompanied her with laughter.

"You should wake up with me so you can do some exercises." Dad chuckled.
"You two found an innocent girl to mess with!" I said with a pout while sitting on a chair.
"Where is Alec?" I put a big slice of pancake in my mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full! He is sleeping. He doesn't have classes today."Mom answered.
"Lucky human!" I mumbled and dad laughed at me.

"Hurry up, I'll drop you at school before I go to work." Dad said.
"Okay daddy." I smiled the way that I knew would melt his heart.
He stood up then kissed my head and left to get ready.
I finished my breakfast fast and got up.

"Thanks for the food, mom."
"You're welcome. Have a nice day."
"You too."

I went upstairs, combed my long black hair, got dressed in my uniform and left the house with dad.

He dropped me at school, and before I get out of the car he stopped me by his sudden unexpected words.
"Listen Ashley, your health is important, both your physical health and mental health. Doing exercise or participating in a sport will help you to keep both of them in check. I want you to think about it wholeheartedly and make a wise decision about it. Okay?" He softly advised.

I put my head down avoiding any eye contact with him.
"Okay... I'll try." I said with a low voice.
He smiled "Go on my girl take care."
I waved my hand and went inside of the school.

I headed toward my locker. In the way to it, I saw some posters on school's wall.
I briefly looked at one of them.

"Hmm, David..."
"Smith, he is gonna come to our school today for a show. Isn't it cool Ashley?" I was rudely intrupted by my best friend, Mark.

"Hey! Can't you one day become a normal human? Atleast for the sake of your family." I smirked.
He hit me on the arm. "I'm a human!"
"Yeah... I can see it clearly" I checked him from top to bottom just to mess with him more.
He frowned for a sec then laughed. "I can't agree more Ms. Johnson."
I laughed loudly with him this time.

"So when will this mighty highness that you're talking about come?"
"Not sure... probably before lunchtime."
"Hmm...I..."
The school's bell cut us rudely, so we went to our classes.

Boring I call it! And unfair! This is completely unfair to a 14 year_old human. We are at the best age of our life, yet we have to spend, most of it at school. It is torture; it is true that some of our teachers were nice, but the bad ones would bother us much more than the good ones could heal.
I'm not a bad student; never was, but I wouldn't study that hard. Just study enough to pass and get grads that I could look at my parents eyes.