Thirty Four

Taehyung has a small smile on his face as he stares at his little baby who has now been moved back to the pack house. A room has specially been designed for Soobin so that he could stay here since he needs a lot of medical equipments supporting him.

It's been a few days since this incident took place and Taehyung has never left his son's side. Seokjin decided to stay at the Dark Wood pack as he became Soobin's personal doctor since the baby needs to be under special care.

Nothing has changed these past days. Soobin did not wake up and hope is the only thing that Taehyung, Jungkook and their friends are holding fast too.

Taehyung has changed quite a lot since everything happened. He does not talk much to anyone. He just stays beside Soobin and talks to his son. He only leaves his side when he has to eat, shower or sleep and he does not even do these things willingly. Seokjin has to almost force him to do all these things.

Taehyung has been very distant from Jungkook as well. After crying in the arms of his husband in the hospital, Taehyung has not once talked to him first or touched him.

Well, Taehyung is deeply hurt by what Jungkook said. Or how he blamed him for Soobin getting kidnapped. Well, maybe it really is Taehyung's fault that Soobin is in this situation. After all, Jungkook really did warn him. He had told Taehyung not to step out of the house at that time of the day.

If Taehyung hadn't gone outside, he wouldn't have talked to Junho or got distracted. Soobin would be perfectly happy and giggling in his arms right now. But Taehyung had to mess it up and put his son's life in danger.

Oh, how badly he wishes it was him and not his son on that bed with all the life supporting equipments on him.

Taehyung does not have the courage to face the true blood. He really believes that it was his fault and he knows Jungkook believes it too. He is sad and hurting but he does not want to trouble Jungkook or anyone else with his problems and pains anymore. He knows they have their own problems and pains to go through and they shouldn't be taking more.

He doesn't want to be a burden on his husband or anyone else anymore.

Jungkook did try to talk to the omega, feeling super guilty about what he said in anger and how mad he got at Taehyung even after knowing that it wasn't really his fault. He wants to apologise to Taehyung but the younger is being so distant. It really seems like Taehyung does not want to talk to him, or anyone for that matter, right now.

He has decided to give him space but it's killing him. It kills him to see his husband talking to their son who is in a coma but not him. He can feel his loneliness and sadness but he does not want to push himself of Taehyung.

Jungkook peeks inside the room in which Soobin currently is. He sees Taehyung playing with the little boy's hair. The omega has a small smile on his face, similar to the one he used to have when he used to stare at their son for hours when he was asleep.

It breaks Jungkook's heart to see his husband like that. He knows that the younger is basically shutting off everyone and talking to someone (their son) who is not in a position of replying to him.

"My baby, do you know how cute you look while sleeping? How can someone look so cute while sleeping? I'm sure you got that from your f-father." Taehyung says, his heart clenching at the mention of Soobin's father, being totally unaware of the fact that he is being watched by Jungkook.

"But as much as you look cute while sleeping, you look so much more cuter when you're awake. You look so beautiful while giggling, baby. I miss your smile. I miss you so much... So wake up soon, okay? Do you promise your mama to wake up soon?" Taehyung asks as he takes Soobin's small hand in his hand and brings it closer to his lips. He pecks his hand and a tear falls from his eyes when he feels no movement by Soobin.