Thirty Five

Jungkook does not realise when the milk starts overflowing from the glass he has been pouring it into with the bottle until he hears Taehyung call his name. He has been thinking about Soobin and the times he has spent with his son.

"J-Jungkook! You okay?" Taehyung asks. He has noticed how lost his husband seems these days even though he is not talking to him. The ravenette is always attentive so seeing Jungkook like this is a little concerning for his husband.

"Oh yeah. I am. Just got a little distracted." The true blood says and puts the bottle of milk away. He forces a smile towards his husband but Taehyung knows its fake. He knows Jungkook is not happy and very worried these days, just like him.

"What bring you here? Do you want me to get something for you?" Jungkook asks as he takes a cloth and starts wiping the milk he spilt.

"N-No... I'm okay." Taehyung adds and forces a smile too. They are being so formal with each other and Jungkook does not like that. So he decides to talk to his husband.

"Tae, can we please talk?" The ravenette asks, his voice is so soft that it makes Taehyung melt. He doesn't know if it's a great idea to talk to Jungkook because he does not want to bother him again but then he is an omega. Jungkook's omega. And he craves for his alpha. So maybe he can just make an exception this time and stay close to the older for a while and talk to him?

"Tae?" Jungkook's voice breaks his trance. He softly nods his head and sits down on one of the stools placed near the kitchen counter.

Jungkook pours a glass of strawberry milkshake for the younger. Strawberry milkshake and banana milk are always available in the pack house of the Dark Wood pack. The couple has made sure of that. Oh and also chocolate shake because Soobin loves it.

Jungkook brings their drinks and passes the strawberry milkshake to Taehyung. He takes a seat in front of him and looks straight in the beautiful eyes of the omega.

"I... I don't know why things are suddenly so awkward between us." Jungkook chuckles nervously while scratching the back of his neck. Taehyung kind of knows what kind of a conversation Jungkook wishes to have with him right now.

"It's okay. Say whatever you want to." Taehyung says softly and smiles at the true blood encouragingly and that really helps Jungkook. He slowly moves his hand closer to his husband's and holds it between his.

A shiver runs down Taehyung's spine and he suddenly feels calmness wash over his body. Jungkook releases some soothing pheromones for the omega because he knows that his husband has been very stressed these past days.

"L-Look... I know these days are not the b-best in our lives. We're... We're going through a hard time and so is our son. I want us to stay strong in times like these but... but we're so distant. We're... drifting apart and I don't want that." Jungkook finally says what he has been wanting to say for days. It's been almost a month since Soobin's birthday now but things have not changed between the couple.

They hardly even see each other because Jungkook is mostly busy with the pack duties while the younger spends most of his time in Soobin's room and little time in his own. He has also not been feeling too well these days but he does not want to burden anyone with his problems so he does not say anything to anyone.

"We need to talk, Tae. I know there are problems going on between us but it's nothing a conversation can't sort out." The ravenette says, squeezing Taehyung's hand. The omega looks at him, eyes clearly depicting sadness.

"Y-Yeah, but the question is... do you really want to talk to me?" Taehyung asks. His question makes Jungkook surprised.

"What do you mean?"