4. Free Offers

After my appointment with Solia, I headed straight back to my hotel room. In a few hours I had gathered up everything I had. I look around the room one last time, making sure I left nothing behind. Once I knew there was nothing I left in the hotel, I checked out, got in a cab and headed towards Solia's house.

Solia's house was located in a fairly decent neighborhood, with many commercial shops and houses. The moment I stepped out of the cab, I was at awe. I had never actually been to her house, it was usually us hanging out in public or at my- Mike's place, never at her's. 

I walk down the pebbled pathway that led to the engraved door. I clicked on the small button, hearing the ringing from inside the house. A few seconds later she opens the door. "Beth." She says, embracing me. I hug her back and she moves away to let me enter. As I entered, the strong aroma of ramen filled the air. 

"Ramen?" I ask, questioningly. "Yeah, sorry, I had nothing else. Just got off work half and hour ago." She explains. I nodded. She showed me around the house before leaving me in the guest bedroom, with my belongings. I quickly take a shower and head back downstairs to the filled table. 

"When did you have time to make this?" I ask, surprised. She laughs. "I just ordered it, sit." She says. I sat down and we dug in. A good fifteen minutes later, most of the dishes were emptied. We placed the leftovers into the fridge and retired for the night. 

The next morning, I woke up to the loud alarm of my phone. I got out of bed and got dressed before heading downstairs. I look around for Solia, before realizing she was probably at work by now. I notice a note on the table. 'I'll be back by seven! Feel free to use anything in the kitchen to make yourself some food!'

I sigh, entering the kitchen. A few moments later, I settle on making bread and eggs. The day flew by in loneliness as I waited for Solia to get back from work. At around seven-thirty she arrived. "Do you know how boring it is in here, with no job or anything?" I ask. "Yes. I'll take a shower and in thirty minutes meet back here." She says, leaving.

In the thirty minutes she took to get refreshed, I heated up the leftovers from the fridge and poured us some white wine. She comes back and takes a seat beside me. "Yes! I'm starving!" She exclaims. She takes a spoonful of the pasta and says. "About the flight, a friend of mine was able to get two tickets. He was planning to go there with his friends but changed his mind at the last minute and offered it to me." She explains. "Wait. So it's possible for us to leave by next week?" I ask, happily. 

"Oh my god! That's amazing." I say, in shock. "We're leaving on Monday, so we have two days to prepare. I'll still own this house, the friend I told you about wanted to rent it out for a while. That way the house will stay clean and there'll be somewhere to come back to, if we're returning." She says, taking a sip of her wine. 

"I'll start packing."