5. New options

Since we found out about the tickets, Solia and I have been packing non-stop. Solia took a much-deserved leave from work and within two days we had our clothes, makeup, essentials packed and ready to go. We would leave the furniture, since we were living with Jeremy during our stay there. 

I drag out the two suitcases towards the taxi which would take us to the airport. "I think that's everything." Solia says. We needed to make sure we didn't miss anything. "Yeah." I agree. "I can't believe it. With Mike and everything. We need this." I say. 

"Yes, we do. Now let's get going before we miss our flight." She replies with a chuckle. She turns to get into the taxi, purse in hand. I reach out to grab her hand. "Maybe I shouldn't? I should've given him a chance to explain." I say, feeling guilty. 

She turns back around. "He isn't worth it." She says, before turning and getting in. I reassure myself before following suit. 

I look out the window as we pass through the roads towards the airport. In a few short hours we were safely seated in the airplane waiting for the plane to take off while we fasten our seatbelts. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be taking off in a moment. I request you all to be seated while the safety measure are demonstrated." The P.A. comes on. 

I look around, still worried. Solia seemed to have noticed my frantic behavior. Part of me hoped Mike would come back and we would start, the other knows that would never happen. "Beth..." Solia smiles warmly. "This is good for us." She says. I nod, understandingly. 

The plane takes off as we head to California. 

The flight was eventless, except for the occasional run to the bathroom due to more than just my pregnancy's morning sickness and urgent need to pee, I was airsick. As soon as we got off the plane, Solia rushed me to the women's restroom as I threw up my breakfast and lunch. 

"We're in Cali." She says to me, holding out a bottle of water. "Cali..." I say, taking the bottle, gratefully. I drink from the bottle, eventually disposing of the small can. "You ready?" She asks, while I look around the exit of the airport. "Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know." I say, helplessly. "It's fine. This is normal. We will make it without that egoistic idiot who left you." She says, trying to encouragement. "Thanks Lia. Let's go." I say.

As we walk out, Solia's phone buzzes with notifications. "Might wanna get that." I say. "Uh, yeah." She pulls out her phone. As we continue our walk down towards the small gathering of cars she freezes. "Beth." I keep walking hoping she'd follow. "Beth!" She calls once more. "What happened?" I say turning around. 

"Your mom is at Jeremy's." She says softly. "What?" I say, unable to believe. "Your mom-" "No, I heard that, but- What do we do?" I ask. "We face her. It's time you made amends with her." Solia explains. "She has experience with children, she's your mom. She'll help you." Solia continues. 

"Ok. Fine. Understood. We'll try, but the moment she decides to get on my nerves, we leave. Deal?" I ask. "Fine, let's go, I see our cab."