After the Gathering

After the traditional Gathering, Hawkstar and her beloved clan, Mistclan, entered into their camp. All of the various felines tiredly dragged their paws inside their dens as the moonlight illiminated down  in the camp. Little did they know, their battle would be more hazardous than they assumed.               

         The sun started to rise as dawn formed and eventually a robust, dark brown and black tabby prowled through the undergrowth. Hawkstar bunched her broad shoulders and tensed her muscles as she leaped onto the monumental stone. The shecat yowled,"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the highrock!" 

        A tom grumbled,"Ugh, Hawkstar what could it possibly this early in the morning?" When all of the cats gathered at the base of the Highrock Hawkstar eventually  spoke.   

        "Yesterday, when we had our Gathering with Riverclan, I'm sure that most of you have heard of the upcoming battle with Shadowclan." There were shocked gasped from the cats that didn't, and the majority of the cats inhabiting the camp murmured among themselves. "Riverstar shall let us know whenever the battle will be, until then i want everyone to-"    

          A mangled, wounded shecat limped rapidly into the Mistclan camp. 

        The shecat, Riverstar, yowled."Hawkstar!" she paused to take a gasp of breath."We ambushed Shadowclan, and we need your help!" The fur on Hawkstar's neck bristled as her amber eyes widened in terror. 

        "Mistclan will come right away, Riverstar lead the way!" Hawkstar frantically mewed. 

        "Of course, Hawkstar," Riverstar panted as she bounded off into the caliginous shadows beyond. 

                "Lets go Mistclan," Hawkstar meowed grimly as her expression turned grave,"And do your best in this battle, we'll need it."