one.

they're back/....

-*.-+-.*-

SERSEI, IKARIS, MAKKARI, THENA, gilgamesh, kingo, phastos, druig and even sprite were all fighting off deviants as ajak had told maralye to sit off to the side and make sure she stayed safe. she was literally sitting in a tree as she watched thena and gilgamesh work together to fight a deviant. maralye looked to her right and saw druig fighting off one as well. he was getting into its brain and making it hurt itself. she noticed that there was another deviant sneaking up behind him and he didn't notice. she was supposed to be at the side, but she couldn't let druig die.

without even a second thought, maralye hopped down from the tree and ran in between the deviant and druig. she put her hand out and the deviant suddenly stopped. she was communicating with it. a golden figure filled with swirls, circles and outlines of leaves were surrounding her arm as it usually did when she used her powers and the deviant suddenly started backing away. it quickly retreated to the water as maralye put her other hand out. she started communicating with the other deviants. the rest of the deviants returned to the water of the beach they were on, when everyone looked at her with shock and a small amount of anger, but druig was amazed. he thought it was peaceful and beautiful the way she communicated with the deviants. he was being blindsided by the fact that they were supposed to be killing the deviants.

ajak had a stern look on her face and maralye lowered her arms. she walked towards ajak with a sad expression on her face and her head held down as she fiddled with her fingers. before ajak could say anything, maralye said as she walked by her, "stay out of the way. i know, i know." maralye walked back onto the ship and ajak was stood there with a guilty look on her face, but the last thing maralye remembered was everyone being mad at her

maralye found herself with this memory playing through her head a lot. she hated it.

after centuries and centuries and centuries, she hadn't aged a bit, just like the other eternals. well, who knows, she hadn't seen them in centuries and centuries and centuries, maybe sprite made an illusion to make herself look older.

after getting rid of all of the deviants, they were never called back home to olympia, so everyone was adapting to the world. as far as maralye knew, sprite was with sersi somewhere, kingo was a movie star, gilgamesh and thena were somewhere safe where thena's mahd wy'ry (it's mad weary that's just how it's spelt.) and phastos had a family somewhere. she didn't know where ajak, makkari, ikaris or druig was. quite honestly, she didn't care. of course she missed druig and makkari since those were the two she was closest with, but whenever she'd give them the benefit of the doubt, she remembered them being mad at her for helping.

after not being underestimated for centuries, maralye came to the conclusion that she wasn't even going to try and find them. she was going to keep getting better until they initially came to her and she could kick their asses. maralye seriously hated them. they always underestimated her and she had found someone who knew what she was and knew how powerful she could be which made her see how awful everyone else was. this person was casper.

she had met casper in london england and he was much like her. he wasn't an eternal, but he was a loner much like maralye. the two had become friends fairly quickly and because he was a huge conspiracy theorist, he was okay and amazed by the fact maralye could commune with nature. they moved in with each other and have been living together for about five years now. they lived in a small cabin in the middle of nowhere up in northern canada and they specifically wanted it secluded to maralye could practice her powers. casper also loved seeing the northern lights, so it was a plus for him too.

right now was actually one of those times where maralye was practicing her powers. she had found a small opening in the woods and she made the ground a smooth rock instead of grass so she could practice her powers in a secluded and neat spot. maralye was about to start trying to bend wind, but was quickly stopped when she heard bushes ruffle behind her. she quickly turned around and got into a fighting stance as the golden figures surrounded her arm, ready to attack. she knew for a fact it wasn't casper because he only came with her when he asked, which he hadn't and animals never came by unless maralye called on them.

suddenly, a deviant with a jaguar like body came out of the bushes. as far as maralye was concerned, they had killed all of the deviants, but apparently not.

the deviant leaped at her, but maralye lifted herself up with the wind and she landed behind the deviant. she put her arms out with her palms facing the ground and rocks shaped like spikes came out of the ground. she moved her arms in front of her with her palms still faced to the ground and her fingertips pointed towards the deviant and the spikes stabbed different parts of the deviant. it let out a scream of pain as maralye used the wind to lift herself up again. she leapt at the deviant and as she was in the air, she took the hidden dagger out of the holder on her leg and stabbed the deviant dead in the head as she landed on top of the deviant.

maralye then created a vine out of thin air and wrapped it around the deviant's neck as she jumped down from the deviant's back. she raised roots from the ground and wrapped them around the deviant's back. it started crushing the deviant as it fell dead to the floor with roots wrapped around it. the golden figures around her arms disappeared as she was breathing heavily. maralye pushed the loose hair from her french braid out of her face and put her dagger back in it's hidden place.

maralye started walking back to the house where she found casper with an axe in his hand from when he was chopping wood and stood across from him was sersi, ikaris, sprite, gilgamesh, thena, and kingo. the eternals she hadn't seen in centuries.

word count

1126

-*.-+-.*-