seven.

willing/...

-*.-+-.*-

LOOKING LIKE ABSOLUTE BADASSES, the eternals emerged from the dust in iraq. phastos created a figure that looked like the domo in his hand and suddenly, their enormous triangle shaped ship emerged from under the ground. the one human there was in absolute shock, but the eternals were not phased. they've seen a lot of shit. this is nothing.

as the domo became accessible, they all walked on with maralye's hand intertwined with druig's and kingo was speaking directly into his camera. "a foreboding atmosphere fills the air. it really still chokes at our lungs."

"you really are creeping us out-" phastos said, but was suddenly interrupted by a snapping sound. he jumped a few feet in the air and put his hand on maralye's shoulder protectively, but when they looked at what made the sound, it was thena who had stepped on a bag of chips. druig couldn't help but chuckle at him and maralye picked up phastos' sleeve and manually took his hand off her shoulder. "as you can tell, being an eternal does not stop you from having normal human emotions, such as cowardess." kingo said to his camera.

as they all stepped into the main room, they saw makkari sitting on a throne and quickly flipping through a book. she saw them and signed, "ready to go home?" once makkari saw maralye, she quickly got up from her seat and ran towards maralye, attacking her in a hug and causing her to pull her hand away from druig's. "um hello."

"i've missed you so much!" makkari signed. "i wish i could've seen you, but i didn't know where you were."

"i was hiding, but it's good to see you." maralye signed back. makkari pulled her into another hug and maralye actually hugged her back this time. maralye was never really mad at makkari since she didn't do anything, maralye was just sort of angry at the collective group. and ajak. mostly ajak.

phastos began creating some sort of figure in the center of the room and everyone was letting him do his thing. thena and sprite were looking at the excalibur while kingo explained to makkari what was happening. ikaris had found some sort of ancient tablet and druig found twinkies. they stood next to each other and eyed each other wearily. they slowly switched items and gave each other threatening glares as druig walked off with the tablet. he walked around a giant pile of books and saw maralye standing with a book in her hand. he smiled at her and placed the tablet down.

she was just across from phastos and suddenly, druig walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist as he spoke softly in her ear. "beautiful, beautiful mars. what have you got there?"

maralye felt butterflies flutter around her stomach as she said, "i don't know. this is written in latin."

"then stop reading latin and give me attention." druig kissed her shoulder before pulling away from her and standing next to her so he could look at the book as well. kingo, who was now next to phastos, him and phastos were looking at the two with confusion. they both spoke at the same time. "i'm sorry, are you two together now?"

"is this new because i hate it." maralye rolled her eyes before putting the book on top of another pile of books. everyone then came into the middle, and druig, shockingly, got everyone on track. "alright, let's get on with it. i need to control the mind of a celestial?"

"get ready for it." phastos got really excited and waved his arms and made bracelets for each of them. "bracelets? you made us bracelets?" kingo questioned.

"so here's celestial 101..." as phastos began talking, druig stopped paying attention really and he nudged maralye's shoulder. she looked up at him and smiled as he kept nudging her shoulder just to be annoying. "celestials are the most powerful beings in the universe. when arishem made us, he connected us with powerful cosmic energy to keep our bodies regenerating. the bracelets, in theory, shut down our regeneration process and once that happens, our bodies accumulate extra cosmic energy."

"what for?" sersei questioned. "well, the deviants can absorb our energy. what if...we could absorb each other's energy as well? if i can find a way to connect us all so one of us could become immensely powerful. by pulling the accumulated energy from the rest forming a unimind." phastos seemed really proud of the name he gave it, but no one was impressed. he then tried to explain it. "uni meaning one and mind meaning mind."

"oh no, we heard you the first time." kingo reassured and sprite backed him up. "terrible name."

"oh! brainstorm! it's a way better name!" kingo said with excitement, but it did not sit well with phastos. "no, i created it so i'm calling it whatever i want." makkari then got them on track this time and signed, "so suppose druig can, say...put tiamut to sleep, then what?"

"we find humans a new home on another planet." sersei said with pride, but maralye just let out a small laugh. sersei gave her an offended look and maralye just waved her off. "sorry. that's just such a stupid plan."

"are we building a big ship too? bringing a pair of each animal?" sprite said sarcastically, agreeing with maralye. "you know what's never saved the planet? your sarcasm." phastos said, being done with the two. maralye then stood up for sprite. "space colonization could take decades and not to mention that the closest planet that humans and other creatures on earth could inhabit, is in another galaxy."

"it could go quickly with our help." sersei said, again with pride and just like before, maralye let out a small laugh. "what if we end up accidentally killing tiamut?" kingo said reasonably. "we could be responsible for billions of lives being created across universes, boss, am i right?" kingo asked ikaris. he simply looked around and maralye taunted him a little. "share your wisdom, ikaris."

"you don't think we should be doing this." sprite said a matter of factly, and also answering for ikaris. everyone looked at him patiently before he finally said, "ajak chose sersei to lead us. sersei should decide."

"forget who ajak chose. you're the strongest one, you should make the decision." sprite said to ikaris and also a little impatiently. "can it, fun size." maralye said shutting up sprite and looking at sersei. maralye didn't think ikaris or sersei should be leading the eternals, but she knew for a fact that sersei was way better than ikaris.

"fine, just keep lying to yourself." sprite said, tired of waiting. she walked off and druig and maralye sent her tiny, sarcastic waves, not really caring if she left. ikaris called after her, but sprite didn't answer so ikaris walked off to where she was headed. kingo then began to walk after ikaris and phastos was done. "no, don't walk after him. guys!" phastos threw his arms up in defeat and sersei looked at maralye with confusion. "you don't think we should be doing this, do you?"

"i think it's a stupid idea because it will take far too long to colonize another planet, but i've noticed that i don't give a shit so i'm going to do it anyway." sersei had no words for that response. but hey, at least maralye was willing to help. and if they let her use her full potential, maralye could be a huge help.

word count

1288