six.

love/...

-*.-+-.*-

THE PERSON THE ETERNALS needed now was phastos. everyone was going to stay in druig's town while ikaris, sersi, maralye and druig went to go find phastos. ikaris and sersi seemed to be the leaders so they were going to go anyway, but they figured maralye could convince phastos if they couldn't and druig said he'd go. once people asked him if he was going because maralye was going, he said he was going for 'unrelated reasons'.

they had already arrived at phastos' house and he was fixing his child's bike while his husband and son were playing catch on the front lawn. phastos spotted the four and sersi, being the social one, said, "hi!"

"hello! can we help you?" phastos' husband replied. phastos then came out of the garage and introduced them, not giving them time to answer. "hey guys. jack, ben, these are my friends from college." his husband raised a knowing eyebrow and phastos simply nodded.

out of nowhere, phastos' son pointed at maralye and exclaimed, "dad, look! it's wonder woman!" druig hid his face and let out a small laugh. maralye nudged his arm which just made him laugh more. "that's not wonder woman." phastos explained. "he's right, kid. i'm not wonder woman. i'm better."

"no way. no one's cooler than wonder woman."

"i mean, i like to think i am."

"prove it." maralye raised an eyebrow and nodded her head to motion for phastos' son to go on the grass. he skipped over there and maralye was about to go, but phastos stopped her. "what are you doing?"

"just trust me." phastos sighed, but nodded his head. he was one of the few people who knew that maralye is very good with kids. sersi, ikaris and phastos continued talking as druig watched maralye from afar. she was making butterflies dance around phastos' son. he couldn't help but smile at the sight of the wide smile on maralye's face. she looked over at druig who had a small smirk. they locked eyes for a few seconds until phastos' son tapped her arm and pulled her inside.

phastos, druig, ikaris, sersi and phastos' husband also came inside. they spent the next hour just catching up and hearing about everyone's life, but ikaris's. they wanted to wait until phastos' son went to bed before discussing the world ending. maralye was currently being given a tour of phastos' son's room. he had a lot of space stuff in his room and maralye was showing him a cool trick where she created a solar system in mid air. she composed it all in her hand and created a small shard. she handed it to phastos' son and said, "if you ever want to see it again, just tap this crystal shard twice."

he tried it and the solar system appeared again. phastos' husband then came in and said, "hey, i love how you're bonding, but he's got some homework to finish."

"oh, i'm so sorry. of course, he should get that done."

"thank you. and i appreciate how you've helped my husband over the years."

"it's nothing compared to how you've helped him. you're a great husband." maralye gave him a small smile and he returned it. she then walked into the dining room where phastos was sitting at the head of the table, sersi and ikaris on one side and druig on the other. she sat next to druig where he immediately put his hand on her thigh. small butterflies flew up in maralye's stomach, but not real ones like before.

they were now speaking of ajak and everything that had been happening, but phastos wasn't budging. he wanted to stay with his family and maralye was tired of sersi and ikaris pushing for him to help them. "guys, he's happy. can't we just let him stay. i mean, i don't blame him for wanting to, his kid is awesome."

"thank you, maralye." maralye gave phastos a thumbs up and nodded her head. "look, they gave me hope. i don't even use my powers anymore, i chose to use my hands to fix my child's bike."

"you don't use your powers?" ikaris challenged. he then used his laser eyes and aimed them right at the window to which it didn't break. phastos had used his powers to create a safe house. and maralye was not happy about ikaris potentially scaring phastos' family. "are you crazy?! his son is right down the hall!"

"oh please, why do you care?"

"because i'm not a heartless monster named ikaris." ikaris simply scoffed. "well, he's made the perfect safe house. i mean, what is this table made out of? vibranium?"

"you idiot. that's the oak table from the fall collection in ikea."

"is it?" ikaris challenged again. he then used his super strength to hit the table and it broke right in half. phastos then deadpanned as he pointed at maralye. "fall collection. ikea." maralye sent ikaris a cocky smile. "you need to stop."

"i'm not doing anything."

"so far, you've been useless and annoying. we only brought you in case we couldn't convince him and you're taking his side." maralye simply rolled her eyes and got up from the table. she stepped outside and druig sighed. "i'll get her." druig got up from the table and walked out front where he saw maralye with her arms crossed.

"you alright?"

"i hate ikaris. i hope he flies into the sun for real." druig let out a small laugh. druig gently put his hand on the side of maralye's face and she leaned into it. "you know you aren't useless, right?"

"i know. he just gets under my skin."

"don't let him. he's an absolute idiot." maralye gave him a small smile and he smiled back. their eyes locked again and they couldn't leave. the electrical connection between the two of them was getting stronger, causing them to move closer to each other. their lips just centimeters apart, druig closed the gap between them. their kiss was short, but passionate.

"i've wanted to do that for seven thousand years." maralye said with a small laugh at the end. druig laughed as well as they pressed their foreheads against each other. "me too. expect me to do that more." maralye smiled as phastos opened the front door and they jumped away from each other. "hey guys. i'm gonna go with you, but we aren't leaving until morning, so if you want, you guys can take the couch."

they both nodded and phastos moved out of the way so they could come back inside. ikaris was walking to the guest room when he heard maralye whisper under her breath, "bitch."

"what was that?"

"i called you a bitch." ikaris sent her a sarcastic smile and she did the same thing. after a few minutes of getting ready, phastos had given sersi and maralye some sweatpants and t shirts to borrow for the night. maralye walked back into the living room where druig had taken off his shirt and laid down on the couch. she immediately looked away with wide eyes, trying not to look at him.

"darling, you can look. you know you want to."

"no. i'm admiring...this cactus." maralye pointed to literally the first thing she saw. druig smiled. "just get over here, princess."

maralye walked over to the couch, where druig wrapped his arms around her and pulled her onto the couch. he kept his arms wrapped around her waist as she got more comfortable and snuggled into his side. she looked up at him and he immediately kissed her lips. "told you. i'll be doing that more." maralye smiled and hid her face in druig's neck which caused him to laugh. this was the happiest these two had been in a long time.

word count

1326