two.

seeing you again/....

-*.-+-.*-

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING here?" maralye questioned and as she did, the eternals turned around to see her with longer hair than before, she looked more confident and stronger. it was much different than the maralye they once knew. "maralye. it's good to see you." sersi said.

"wish i could say the same." maralye said as she crossed her arms. they all knew that she wasn't a huge fan of them and they knew what they did wrong. they knew they underestimated her and they knew she had every right to be mad.

"you're still mad?" ikaris questioned. "what do you think?"

"listen, we know you're mad, but we need your help. the deviants are back and we know you've never killed one, but we could help you and we really need all the help we can get." sprite said. maralye rolled her eyes at the 'you've never killed one' as she literally did that not even a minute ago. maralye motioned for them to follow her as she started walking back to where she was when she was fighting the deviant. they were a bit confused, but followed her anyway.

when they came to the dead deviant, they were honestly shocked at the horrific sight of the deviant covered in vines. "they aren't that hard to kill." maralye said as she pushed the sleeves up on her black buttoned up shirt that was tucked into her black cargo pants. they looked at her like she was crazy because deviants were in fact hard to kill, but maralye knew how resourceful her powers were. everyone else just shot the deviants and hit them until they died, but she made sure that she'd do one big thing and it'd die instantly.

"this is impressive." thena said. "i know. now, what makes you think that i'm actually going to help you guys?"

"we need to get rid of the deviants. they've already killed ajak and who knows what else they can do." sersi warned her. "ajak's dead?" they all nodded their head. "that's sad. anyway, where's makkari and druig?"

"we haven't found them yet." ikaris told her. maralye nodded her head in understanding as she lightly kicked the ground with her doc martens. "so, you knew that i would never come with you unless i was convinced greatly to do so, and you didn't think to get the only two people who would be able to convince me first. smart move, guys."

"we're going to find them. but please, maralye, we know you're mad, but we need your help. and now that we know you can handle yourself, you'd be such a huge help. maralye...we're begging you." kingo said. maralye looked next to him and saw a random man with a camera. maralye moved her head slightly and the camera he was holding and was facing her went flying out of his hand and broke. "what was that for?!" kingo said with disbelief laced in his tone.

"i don't who he is, but he isn't filming me or his camera won't be the only broken thing. and after this thing is done, i don't care what arishem says, i'm staying on earth."

"i can speak to him about that." sersi said. that immediately told maralye that because ajak was dead, sersi was in charge now. maralye thought about it for a second, but finally said, "fine. but just give me a few minutes before we leave."

maralye walked back to the house and they followed her, but kept their distance. they saw maralye talking to casper and they couldn't help but notice that she was talking to him the same way she used to talk to druig. "do you think they're together?" kingo questioned. "they seem close." sprite pointed out. they saw maralye and casper hug each other and he kissed her forehead when they pulled away. when she walked back to them, they saw that she looked even more upset than when she saw them. "are you okay?"

"let's just go." maralye didn't want to have to deal with her emotions about leaving casper. she didn't feel the same way about him like how she used to feel towards druig, but they were still close and maralye was going to miss him like hell.

/....

their first person to find was druig, so they went to the amazon rainforest where he had made a small camp with people he had gotten to stop fighting a long time ago. they were walking through the forest on a small path they had found which lead to druig's camp. everyone was slightly ahead of maralye who was trailing behind everyone. when they entered the camp, there were people walking around and working and kingo's manager with another camera said, "it's very nice here, sir."

"don't be fooled. ignorance is bliss." kingo said knowing druig all too well to know that he can be very irritating. suddenly, druig came out of what looked like to be the main building and everyone faced him. "i've missed all of you. please, make yourselves at home." he said with a cocky smirk on his face. he motioned for them to come into the building he had come out of and they did so. he had spotted maralye, but didn't say anything because he didn't want to blurt out how happy he really was to see her. he hadn't seen her in centuries which was much too long of a time for him.

word count:

942

-*.-+-.*-