Chapter three

Thaddeus Spade

"We've cleared out the inventory boss." Ali says as I bring my cup to my lips.
"Is it pure? The last thing I need is another bad batch."
"QA approved."

I looked over the report.
My father used to run everything in his head.
Wouldn't even know if money was being stolen from him or not.

When I brought it up to him he said It would hand all of the evidence to the police.
But Sargio and I built a cabinet just for that concern.
Just one trigger and it all burns. There are back up in other locations but they're entirely random and therefore difficult to trace.

"Boss?" Ali called my attention quietly, I lift my head up knowing bad news was inevitable.
When the 6'6 300 pound man starts curling in on himself, it's almost guaranteed that I'll be vexed.

He pulls out a package from his jacket and placed it on the table next to my tea cup.

"It's a smiley ." He says when I stare at the sterile packaging.
"I found it during a shakedown. Guy wouldn't say where he got it."

I push away my breakfast plate and pick up the small white package. There are two pill inside.

Sargio was right. I let the girl go and I don't doubt that word got around.

"Bring the girl to me."

Sargio walked into the room, "Sir, I'm sorry to be a disturbance But Ms kozlova is here." Sargio said with a bow.
"Why?" I asked, irritated that she'll show up at my house uninvited.
The Russians always test my patience.
"I don't know sir."

"Tell her I'm busy-"

The door of my office opens up and Angela is standing there in  red lipstick, a long tight black dress, a handbag and tall heels.
"Hi-" Angela greets walking towards me to wrap her slender arms around me. I join her in the embrace and kiss her cheek as she engaged.

The hug last a moment too long before she reluctantly pulls away. Her eyes taking in as much of her surrounding as possible.
She wants to know if my office had changed, if it now included a feminine touch.

Satisfied with her answer she turns to me and spreads her red stained lips into a smile.
"I'm so sorry for showing up uninvited. My father asked me to drop these up." she pulled out the
document from her handbag.

"Thank you.. I was just finishing up breakfast would you like to join me?" Pleasantries... pleasantries.
I take the document from her.

"Oh no- please don't mind me. I'd hate to intrude on your woman's space." Now she looks at me, sharp dark eyes planted on  my own.
There's a challenge in it.

I've stoop so low that the weakest member of the kozlovs thinks they can challenge me. The thought sends a burning rage inside of me as I remember my father's chides.
'People can see right through you, boy."

"Don't worry about all that, Sargio please,  have the kitchen prepare her a plate."

Angela turns to look at me once more before walking out, the sound of her heels trace a path as she walks.

I open up the documents.

After my shower at night, I looked out to the garden. The gardener, who I hardly ever saw these days was hired by my mother.

I nearly killed the old man with the others. Not knowing where his alliance lied. But he had been honest and pledged his alliance to his children.
While everyone else kissed the boot of my shoe.

He'd calmly stated that the only reason he was here amongst criminals and accomplices was because he had no better means of providing for his family.

My rage had subsided then, after killing my father and watching my mother drive away, killing every member that wanted to avenge their leader. It'd dawned on me after his words that my parents was never doing this for me.