First day

High school. Where do I begin? It is the most useless thing in the world. I don't understand why it's the most important economical structure built in our Eco system, I mean sure we have to learn. But so, who cares? Wait, rhetorical question. Being a sophomore is no fun. Everyone undermines you and thinks that your worthless. High school is full of phoneys and fakes, barbies and ragged dolls, liars and cheaters. But not today. Because today, I am going to prove to everyone that I am a not worthless. Because I am-

"Indigo Woods, your going to be late for your first day!" My Aunty yells from the top of her lungs. Ever since our parents died it has been really had to get back into the whole school thing. Our Aunty Claire took us in after hearing about the car accident. It hasn't been the easiest, for us or for her. Having a policeman come to your door at 11 odd at night explaining to your aunty that her brother had passed away along with his wife, is tragic enough, can you imagine your Aunty then having to break the news to your older brother and yourself.

I struggle from shoving my foot into my black converse,"I'm coming!" Today's the first day of school. I've been dreading this day for the past 48 hours, hoping that during the night Peter Pan will come and whisk me away off to never land or I will somehow catch ebola. But instead I have to go to school and suffer a boring and antisocial day of classes and algebra. I'm still in denial about our big move, to Cain bridge. We moved a year ago. I hate it here. The people, the areas, the houses. Everything.

"Indie, are you ready?" My older brother Jake asks leaning against the door frame with a smile on his face. I nod picking up my backpack and checking my outfit in the body sized mirror, turning this way and that. "You look great, now c'mon." Jake smiles staring at me in the mirror. My rusty short brown hair that floats an inch above my shoulders. My messy fringe sitting a few centimetres above my eyebrows. My light brown and hazel eyes with dark circles under them, covered by a thick coat of concealer, showing terribly. My nearly anorexic body, shaded by a pair of skinny jeans and The 1975 band t-shirt. My round ancient glasses that sit on the bridge of my nose. Could I get anymore uglier? Wait don't answer that.

I inhale deeply,"Ok." I walk down the stairs with Jake by my side,"Bye Aunty Claire." We wave goodbye as we walk out the door to Jakes silver jeep. My car is getting serviced at the moment so Jake practically forced me to come with him. Sliding into his car my eyes dart to a pair of lace pink underwear.

I shook my head flinging the knickers outside,"Jake! You know what, I don't even want to know."

But in response all I got was a chuckle and a wiggle of the brows. Idiot. He's the biggest idiot, but all of his jock friends are worse."We have to stop at Tom's, Kurt's and Tyler's house before we go to school." Jake starts the car and looks in the rearview mirror before reversing out of the driveway.

"Ok, but they all have cars... Why can't they take themselves?" I ask.

"Because Tom's car is in auto repair, Tyler's mum took his car keys because he was grounded; for having to much fun with Grace in the back of his car and Kurt is too lazy to drive his sorry ass to school." Jake laughs, shaking his head and putting on the indicator before swapping lanes.

"Ok..." I roll my eyes mortified yet hilariously intrigued by the lack of laziness and stupidity.

We stop at an enormous rendered house, with a wooden deck and two large oak trees out the front. Tom comes running out the door with a huge grin on his perfect face. He's wearing the white and navy striped sweater I got him for a secret Santa present last year.

"Hey Indie, how's my woodling?" Tom smirks rather widely and slips into the back seat shutting the door behind him.

"Hey Tom, I'm fine thanks." I look at him in the mirror and give him a smile.

"That's good to hear, how's big Jakey over here?" Tom snorts making his eyes gleam.

Jake turns a left and comes to a stop at Kurt's house,"I'm good man."

Kurt flung himself into the car, his blond of a mop hair swivelling all over his forehead,"Hey guys."

"Hey Lee Low." Tom jokingly punches Kurt in the arm. The story behind Kurt's nick name is that Jake, Tom, Kurt and I all went to the Ranch lent for a week because Jake had a friend in the hospital over there, so Jake was staying at the hospital for a few of the days. So for most of the days Tom and Kurt and me would watch TV in our hotel until one day we all decided to go out to the beach. I, personally hate the beach but I still went because Tom said he would buy me an ice cream after. We were all sitting on the sand when along comes a Japanese looking girl, she says to Kurt,"Lee Low! Nice seeing you! How have you been?" And that's how he got the nickname. I guess it's not as funny as it sounds..

"Shut up, douche." Kurt spat back, laughing.

Jake took off and started driving,"Next stop, Tyler's playboy mansion." Jake says in his best posh accent, then all the guys start laughing. I knock my head against the window, praying that my car would be fixed by tomorrow so I wouldn't have to put up with these retards again.

The final destination point was at Tyler's house. Tyler came jogging to the car wearing a white button up top and blue skinny jeans, he got into the car with a jolly voice saying, "Morning guys, hey Indie." Tyler smirks winking at me.

I roll my eyes and sigh,"Hey Tyler." Tyler has always had this thing for me. He's always flirting with me and it is really annoying. Jake, Tyler, Tom, Kurt and I all went camping one summer at our parents lake house. The whole time Tyler followed me around acting like a lost puppy. He tried several times to kiss me, touch my ass and take my bikini top off. All those times I repeatedly slapped him, pushed him into the water or got Tom to help me.

"Stop flirting, she isn't interested." Tom smacks tyler on the back of the head.

Tyler grins and wiggles his eyebrows,"Everyones interested in me."

I swivel around in my seat facing Tyler,"Not me, your disgusting, the only girl who is interested in you is your mother. But that doesn't count." I reply in a snarky voice.

"Ohh! Ty just got burned!" Tom chuckles.

"Do you need ice for that burn, son?!" Kurt snarles intensely.

Jake smirked,"She got you good."

Tyler rolled his eyes and put his arms across his chest,"Shut up. I've always liked my girls sassy."

We pulled up into the student car parking and I took a deep sigh of relief. We had arrived at school in one piece.. But now this is where the real threat and devotion of popularity and bullying starts. The place that I call hell.