Football practise

Jake dropped me off at the mechanics and I got my car, that morning. My little black Suzuki swift also known as the black ninja. I've missed it so much to be honest. I've missed my stereo and my loud music that sky rockets threw the roof, or the smell and feel of the leather. I've missed it.

I arrive at school and walk to my locker, piling my belongings into it.

"Good morning." Dylan rests against the locker next to mine.

"Morning." I yawn.

Dylan scans my face,"What time did you go to sleep?"

"Erm. Two. I think." I shrugged.

"No wonder, you have bags under your eyes. What were you doing?" Dylan asked obviously confused and intrigued by my lack of sleep.

"Watching TV." I say blandly.

"What were you watching?" Dylan asks.

"Why do you care?" I answer his question with another question. Psychologically proven that it is a mental fact with answering questions with more questions in hiding the truth.

Dylan folds his arms across his chest,"Because I'm your friend."

"So?" I cock an eyebrow at him and shut my locker.

"What ever. Have it your way." Dylan let's out a small chuckle and follows me to the history classrooms. I settle into a desk and Dylan sit beside me. "Hey, did I tell you? I'm going to try out for football."

I turn my head towards him stunned,"Really?"

"Yep." Dylan says mater-o-factly

"That's great Dyl." I smile.

"Thanks and I like that. Dyl. I like it." He smirked cheekily.

"Shut up." I pushed him jokingly. The second bell went and everyone filed into class parting this way and that, sliding into their seats, ready for the day.

_

By lunch I was already buggered. Dylan was texting me all during biology. He's such an insolent child. I sit alone waiting for Dylan underneath the big oak tree, but then I remember he's trying out for football. I sit and watch as boys wearing weird athletic clothing all run out from the gym doors. My eyes search the faces and the hair of each boy, until I come across a fairly muscly body and a waterfall of greasy dark brown hair, Dylan.

His eyes met with mine and he instantly starts waving like a maniac. I gave a small wave back and laughed. Dylan's Jersey hung loosely off his thin, yet strongly built frame. His arms limply swinging back and forth, brushing against his body as he ran for the ball. I watched amused and entertained.

Dylan had tackled my brother twice already in the ten minutes that I've been sitting here watching him. It would have to be the funniest thing I've seen in three days... Well apart from that video of a cat falling into a toilet and meowing 'Poo poo'. Now you know why I have no friends. I waste my time on the internet watching funny cat videos and British blogs. What's next? Owning a collection of my little ponies or polly pockets?

Just as I was going to get my laptop out of my bag and continue reading a book, Brodie sat beside me,"Hey" he said in that soft meaningful voice.

"H-Hey." I chocked. Why does the Brodie; the Brodie I've been in love with for ever, now suddenly wants to engage in conversation with me? Why would anyone talk to me? I'm a nerd. And he's. He's.. He's perfect.

"So what are you doing out here, all alone? Where's Dylan?" He asked.

"Oh, he's trialling for football and I'm watching him," I say nodding my head into the direction of where Dylan boots a ball over the fence.

Brodie nods,"Ah, I see."

"Yeah." I give a small laugh.

"INDIE I'M OFFICIALLY ON THE TEAM!" Dylan came running up to me waving his arms about, before tackling me into a hug. I laugh into his chest and we stay on the grass, our arms wrapped around each other for a minute or two before I get up.

I tap his shoulder with my hand and smile,"Great job Dyl, I'm so proud."

"Thanks." Dylan starts to smile like an idiot. Perfect timing, the bell rings and I pick up my backpack and Brodie and Dylan walk with me to my class giving each other dirty looks.