Fights

The following day was a cycle of hanging out with Dylan, having small conversations with Brodie - that I still didn't fully understand - and working on assignments and studying for tests.

I sit underneath the oak tree eating chocolate chip cookies and reading Paper towns. Ever since I got the I book I have loved John green as much as I love reading, I'm not sure what it is, but he makes me feel light. Like a feather. He endures me with his love and compassion, but it's not a heavy romance, it's a slim and thin one. He makes me feel like that, it's weird to explain. He lures me in by a single character that also takes my heart. He just has a way with writing. A way.

"Stop talking to my boyfriend!" Laura Abruptly and hostilely yelled at me, her face hot with anger, her eyes filled with fury, her soul a mid deep pit of black.

"I'm sorry, but he talks to me as well." I say innocently.

"I don't care! Stay away from him or else!" Laura screamed, her voice sharp and raspy, she stormed off, stomping her prissy heels away. I look down at my book sighing. He's no good for her. I don't know what he sees in that two faced cow.

Dylan came from out of no where and sat beside me,"What was that all about?"

"It was about how the devil wanted me to stay away from her boyfriend or she will most likely scratch my eyes out or amputate one of my limbs... With her teeth." I sighed tilting my head back for it to lay on the smooth tree trunk.

"Seriously?" Dylan chuckled and I moaned nodding. I lay my head away from the tree and onto Dylan's shoulder, he slings his arm around my shoulders and we sit there. In silence, embracing one another's comfort.

_

Brodie and Laura we're fighting over something. How do I know this? Well it's pretty easy not to hear Laura's screeching and yelling.

"You know what. We're done. It's over." Brodie said calmly and walked away with his hands running through his honey blonde hair. Laura stood there speechless, her mouth gaped opened. Even though she is a total bitch to me I felt sorry for her. She stood their with her arms folded across her chest and she looked around like a lost puppy. I walked up to her with my most serious expression on, because one false move and I could die.

"Are you alright?" I asked gently and laid my hand on the small of her back. The next thing I knew she was in my arms crying into my shoulder.

"I- I just," she burst out into an ocean of tears.

"Shhh, it's ok." I clam her down rubbing her back.

"Your so nice to me... Why? I treat you like shit and your still so nice to me." She looked at me with streamed mascara and puffy red eyes.

I shrugged,"I don't know."

"I'm sorry. For everything I've done and said." She wiped her eyes.

"It's ok." I smiled at her and walked away. On my way towards the canteen I saw a few posters of the winter ball. It's this stupid dance that we have every winter to celebrate the upcoming winter games and festival. It's where everyone gets all dressed up and fancy and brings their date. To every girl in the school it's like Christmas. A Christmas for princesses, to show off their gowns and such. But to me it's just another one of those tacky dances that girls show off their clothes and practise their twerking and dirty dancing in dresses that come up to their asses and heels the sizes of a full grown pug.

As soon as I saw Dylan I spilled all of the news about what had happened. I didn't see Brodie for the rest of the day and when I saw Laura she smiled and waved. It's funny how one small gesture can make so much of a difference.

Dylan came back to my house and we played Mario carts and then made cupcakes which turned out horrible but we still served them to my brother and his friends.