Panic attack

I sit in the car alone, my heart rate speeding up, sweat clamps at my forehead. Not now, Indie! Please! Not now! My body tense, my head spinning. All the blood and colour drained from my face, leaving me pale with little pink blotches around it. A giant wave of heat washed over me and covered me like a blanket.

"Indie, are you okay?" Jake asked opening my side door. As I see all of the people laughing, talking, chasing each other around, texting and walking I start to panic. All of these people in one area. I don't think I can take it. I'm use to being alone in solitaire confinement. My heart rate quickens and my breathing has became more energetic. I flicker my eyes over to Jake. He doesn't look startled. My hands shake, my whole body starts to shake. I always get like this on the first day of school.

My lips trembled and let the words float off from the tip of my tongue,"Panic attack." Those two words and Jake sprung into action. He grabbed my backpack and started pulling things out, rummaging around in it until he came across my medication.

Jake held out two pills and my water bottle,"Here." I took it from him my hands still shaking and forced it into my mouth, I cocked my head back and gulped down some water. "Better?" He asked concerned and gutted.

"Better." I sighed, still obliquely afraid and nervous.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Do you want me to stay with you?" Jake asked helping me out of the car.

"No, it's fine. I'll see you later, go and enjoy your day, I'm sorry for what happened as well." I grabbed my pack pack and and slung it over my shoulder.

"It's not your fault. It isn't your fault that your still unwell and unstable," he said locking up the car,"Come here." My brother pulled me into a hug rubbing my back,"Have a good day, I love you." I hate when my brother uses the term "unstable" and "unwell"! Ever since my parents died I've been having panic attacks thinking that jake will die and the people I love the most will slip away.

"I love you too, tell Heather I said hi." I let go of him. Heather is Jake's girlfriend of two years. Heather is a sweet, smart, funny and over all beautiful. All the guys like her but she had always had an eye for the captain of the football team; my brother. Heather use to help teach creative writing class with Mr Knowles, until she stopped doing it because Cheerleading and her Piano lessons take up that time. I know this because, Heather and I are friends, well not really friends we're more like acquaintances.

I took a deep breath and began my journey towards hell. The scientific name for it is also known as high school, but I like to use the terms 'Hell', 'the Devils layer', 'Crap school' etc.. As I move my way toward it, my heart beats faster. I hear all the students and teachers talking and laughing. Groups of people, sitting around with each other having the times of their lives.

'RINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!' The school bell started pounding and everyone made their way inside the building, backpacks on shoulders looking happy and smiley. First period. Great. I went to my allocated locker and opened it up, pulling out my timetable that sat neatly folder up in my locker.

Ok, first period, Mr Rite's art class. I sighed slowly and made my way over to the classroom at the end of the hall. The room which was unfairly bigger and newer than the rest of the classrooms in our school. Teenagers started to swarm into the classroom, one after the other. All gathering around a large wooden desk that stretched across the room, there was a thick oak seat that stretched along the desk only 40 centimetres difference in height. There were two of these, one in the middle and back. I slipped into the middle desk into the right corner.

Soon after the 14 students took a seat they all started socialising and talking to each other. I sat alone, staring out the window. Like I usually do. I don't really have friends. Actually, I don't have friends at all. I guess that's just the perks of being me, oh and the joy of having to eat by yourself.. in a cubicle in the girls bathroom.