Team Omega

Within days, it became clear that Connor was a born omega. With Reed's instruction, he quickly learned to control his scent. He could hide when he was afraid, and with Nines' help, he managed to get a handle on his omega's instincts. Nines had helped him practice, hitting him with dominant pheromones so that he could try to resist them. Nines had felt horrible at first, watching Connor writhing and whimpering on his knees in submission. His omega had curled up and shivered in fear before Nines' unyielding alpha. It had been difficult, but with a few days of constant abuse, he'd slowly managed to resist the urge to buckle under the strain. The practice had helped at work. Many of the younger alphas had started to see Connor as fair game now that he was an omega. There was only one reason they could think of that Connor would choose to become an omega. To bounce on an alpha's cock like a slut. Reed had been there to save him the first time.

"The phck are you doing? You know Nines and Anderson will rip you a new one if you do that, right? Prick's a prude. Back the phck off," he'd ordered haughtily, tugging Connor's shuddering form away from the interrogation room wall he'd been pinned to. He'd been overwhelmed by the younger, stronger alpha. His jacket had been yanked down, his shirt pulled open, and his belt loosened. He'd been unable to resist as his omega had writhed in submission. The alpha had praised and teased in his ear, telling him how much he'd like it. How well he could take it. Reed's coffee scent had cleared the wanton haze. Connor had looked pretty wrecked and scared as he'd stumbled behind him for protection. Reed had smirked as the alpha officer released a wave of pheromones that had Connor's knees buckling again. Reed, meanwhile, stood firm, but he knew how to deescalate the situation. "Phck, that's nice...Groves, right? You have a seven on my scale...Wanna try for an eight?" he'd purred invitingly, his smirk softening with a tantalising curl of cinnamon. The aggressive, smoky scent dropped to become more alluring. He'd subtly waved for Connor to get the hell out of the interrogation room and closed the door behind him.

After that, the alphas had bothered him less, and it didn't take Connor long to realise that Reed was running interference behind his back. Any time an alpha showed an inclination towards him, Reed would divert their attention with his own needy pheromones. He also knew that Hank and Nines were doing their fair share of dissuasion, too. It felt like whenever he walked down a corridor by himself, one of them would dog his steps at a distance, or release their scent threateningly from their desk as a silent warning.

After that first encounter, Reed had taught him how to signal distress. Both focused and wider ranged. A focused burst would summon a particular alpha, silently calling just them to assist. The wider ranged burst would be like a widespread net, signalling that an omega was in danger and any alpha should attend. Hank and Nines had willingly taken part in that training. They'd sit down in the bullpen until Connor's scent summoned them from meeting rooms, the bathrooms, or even the rooftop. For the wider ranged net, Reed had enlisted the help of Tina and Jenkins as well. The six of them had headed to the scent proofed gymnasium. Their job had simply been to confirm whether the scent was working. This had proved easier than targeting a singular alpha.

Next came interrogation. This had to be done as on-the-job training, so any time Reed had an alpha suspect, he'd have Connor sit in the observation room with Nines and Miller or Hank to watch. Connor watched everything like a hawk. The way Reed would remove clothing to make his body more alluring and strengthen his scent, the way he'd edge in close, teasing the suspects. His voice dripped like honey. A sweet tone that Connor had never heard from him before. He would sway and sachet his hips as he circled the suspect, bending over the table to shamelessly show off his pecs and let his pert rump reflect in the one-sided glass. He was starting to understand what Reed meant. Everything he did was underpinned with undeniable sexual energy. He was almost like a succubus or siren, luring alphas to their own demise. After a few days, Connor was finally allowed to sit in the room so that he could scent Reed and see how he used it to his advantage. The bitter coffee and sweet cinnamon scent was almost overpowering. Connor found it difficult to keep his own omega reined in. It was arousing, even to him. Then it was Connor's turn.