Mari's Merry Reminder

"Yin, do you remember where I placed the cinnamon after I finished making those cinnamon buns last week?" Asked my mother, rummaging around the Kitchen.

I didn't hear her, I was immerged with the book I was currently reading in the living room, wrapped in at least five blankets.

"Yin!" She called again.

This time, I heard her loud and clear. "W-what?"

"Do you know where the cinnamon is?"

"Uh..." I thought back to the process of making the delicious cinnamon buns we made last week. "Did you check the cupboard above the fridge?"

"Oh, yeah!" Said my mother, suddenly remembering. "Thank you dear!"

I flip my book open again to continue reading. And then my phone rang.

"Ughh!" I groaned. It was all the way back on the kitchen isle, and I'm already comfy here! "Mom, can you bring my phone over?"

Before she even answered, I reluctantly got up and walked there.

"Why ask if you're planning to come get it anyway?" She asked, washing her hands in the sink.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know."

I picked up my phone, it was Marinette.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Yin!" Said the other end happily.

"Hey, Mari. What's up?"

"Oh, just wanted to remind you to come pick up your Christmas chocolate box!" Marinette said excitedly.

"Of course! How could I forget," I laugh. "You've been reminding Alya and I for an entire week!"

"Glad you didn't forget! See you in an hours! Bye!"

"Bye," I said before hanging up.

Thinking of the Miraculous Ladybug Christmas Special, I scrunched up my face, cringing at all the songs included.

My mother gave a weird look. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I tell her, scrolling my phone. I had transported the big plan I drew out on the whiteboard in my room, onto a chart using my computer. Now, whenever i's an akuma day, I just open my phone and check for my plans.

"So what did Marinette call about?" Asked my mother.

"She wanted to remind me for the 1000th time to pick up our chocolate's from her parents bakery," I said while reviewing the plans I have for Santa Claws. A.k.a. the cringiest episode ever, even more so than Puppeteer 2.

I had only written down some pointers, not an actual plan. I can wing it, it's pretty simple.

"Could you go on your own?" Mom asked. "I have to finish these cookies by tonight if I want to give them to our neighbors."

"Sure," I look over at the recipe book she was reading. "Need any help?"

"If you have time, you can make the icing later and help me frost the cookies," She thought for a moment. "And maybe help me package them?"

"Of course I will!" I answered, pouring myself a cup of hot Milo. "I'll be in the living room for now."

"Thank you," mom said, smiling.

While she went back to studying the gingerbread man cookie recipe, I settled back down on the living room coach with my cup of hot Milo and book.

********

I wanted to publish this on Christmas, but F IT I WANNA GIVE YOU GUYS SOME STUFF TO READ!

This book is going to have short 400-500 words chapters only, sorry. It's kinda hard to drag out a special and make it a book 😭😅

More chaps coming tmr :D

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

Word count: 512