Chapter Two

"Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth

"Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth."

The scriptures filled Beau's ears as he plated breakfast.

This was the only time he had to himself. Once the boys were awake, his day started, and he wouldn't have a silent hour until late at night.

"When I called him he was only one man, and I blessed him and made him many. The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins;"

Isaiah 51 was placed on his heart the night before, and every single verse spoke volumes.

Beau knew that his life hadn't been amazing. At times he felt forgotten by God, but then he remembered that his boys were safe and sound with him, and that was enough to know that God saw him.

"Dad, Jace is still asleep," Hunter yawned as he stepped out of the bathroom.

Beau sighed and paused his reading.

"That's okay, Hunt. Go eat your breakfast," He told his son and ruffled his hair, making him jump.

Beau walked down the hall and opened Jace's bedroom door, only to see that he wasn't there.

He didn't want to alert Hunter, but God knows he was trying not to panic.

He looked under the bed and in the closet, but Jace was nowhere to be found.

This was like a horrific flashback.

He smacked Jace's dresser and took a deep breath. "Lord, help me." He grumbled while trying to calm his heart rate.

He didn't want to jump to conclusions. Jace was in the house. He wasn't gone. Stacy didn't take him.

Beau ran his fingers through his hair and walked to Hunter's room.

He pushed open the door and sighed in relief.

Jace was sound asleep in Hunter's bed.

Beau was glad that he was safe, but this meant that one of the boys had a nightmare.

Autumn was a tough time for the Carpenters. Every year they celebrated and thanked God for His goodness, but they were still haunted by the traumatic events that occurred in Autumn.

"God is for us, no one can come against us." He whispered to encourage himself and get back to a peaceful state of mind.

Everything was okay.

He walked over to the bed and gently shook Jace. "Wake up, sweetheart," His sweet boy had eaten himself into a sugar coma last night.

Beau looked at the boy's face and laughed. His eyes were sealed shut, and his mouth was wide open, his tongue poking out of his mouth.