// 003 //

WHEN night falls, I am back inside her head

WHEN night falls, I am back inside her head. It is the third time I have managed to enter her dreams. I may be pushing my luck by doing it three times in a row, however I simply cannot bring myself to be more cautious. At this point, I am too curious about her to play it safe.

She has spent the whole morning giving me perplexed glances after the last dream I've made her have; trying to catch my attention midst classes. Even though she has already grasped it a day ago, I of course did not acknowledge any of her bashful attempts.

Despite wanting to look at her; perhaps even greeting her, it proved to be too high of a risk. She has asked her friends about me, already. Thankfully, none of them know me all that well. They could not provide her any solid information besides my name, which she already knows anyway. The girlfriends she has do agree on one thing, however;

Apparently, I look 'cute'. I do not know what to make of such a statement.

I spend a good minute observing my surroundings. Instead of her dorm room, I find myself standing in the middle of a library this time. It is the same as the one that belongs to the University, the only difference being the fact that it is enormous. Rows and rows of bookshelves as tall as the ceiling surround me. They never seem to end as they span into the infinite core of her dream.

The place is dark from the late hour, however there are still a couple of students who linger around. I recognize a face here and there. Most of them are her friends, and they do not pay me any mind as I pass them.

My footsteps echo rather unrealistically throughout the vast space whilst I search for her. She must be somewhere nearby, I think? By the time I finish examining the ninth row of bookshelves, I am already growing impatient, and am nowhere closer to finding her.

She's getting better at controlling her dreams, it seems.

I could just bend them until they would suit me like I did the first time, however I do not wish to do so. I'm looking at her most hidden thoughts, that even she herself does not acknowledge right until sleep engulfs her in the late of night. Since I'm the one peering into her privacy, the least I can do is keep the world she builds untouched.

I'm just about to head for the tenth row, when I feel a light tap to my shoulder. It's her. She has somehow - I myself do not even know how - managed to sneak up on me. However, as I turn around and focus on her, I start to hear her thoughts again.

She is pleased that I am here again. It makes her happy.

"Saiki? What are you doing in the library? I don't usually see you around here.", she asks, and I am confused by her choice of calling me by my last name. It takes me a moment to remember that we are not alone. There are other students here, and despite the distance, she is still being polite in case someone overhears us. It wouldn't matter even if they did, since it is only a dream. But she, of course, does not know that.