// 007 //

NIGHT-TIME can not come fast enough

NIGHT-TIME can not come fast enough. My patience is so thin, that the second she falls asleep; I am already inside her head. Of all the places her imagination could have fabricated, the common room inside our dorm is the choice for tonight. It is a bit bothersome of a place to do what I am planning to do, but I can make it work.

I find myself sitting on the couch which is the very same one as in the real world. The room is dark, and I am completely alone. I use the time to search it for anything out of the ordinary. It doesn't take me long to figure out that it is the television. The screen is turned on, but with every channel I skip; it gives me nothing but static. Quite eerie, if you ask me.

Just as I am about to turn it off with one tap! of a button, the screen finally flickers back to life. My eyes widen at the sight as I feel my pulse quicken right behind my ears. The image on it has succeeded in startling me, and it is such an uncharacteristic thing to come from my side. 

I am staring at the back of my own head. 

The room is the same as the one I am in - I can see the exact couch I am currently sitting on. I am also not a fool to not recognize my own body. Tilting my head lightly to the side, I watch as the figure on the screen does exactly the same. It seems to be broadcasting live. Fascinating.

Turning away from the screen, I am not surprised to see her standing a couple of feet behind me. It didn't take me long to figure out that the television is serving as a transmitter of her point of vision. Why she is showing it to me, however - I have no clue.

I am more baffled at her ability to conceal her thoughts from me. She is able to sneak up on me far more often now. Not wearing the ring; I should have been able to hear her loud and clear - as I do in the real world. However, it must be something to do with her dreams. This is her territory, after all, and she may do with it as she pleases. However, she might just be able to bend me if she gains any more control.

Because of it; I must tread very carefully. She needs to know that despite this being her world - I am the one in charge. Thankfully, I am just in the perfect mood to show her just that. I am impatient - bothered, even. She will learn not to mess with me like she had just this morning.

"Hello again, y/n.", I say, and my voice sounds indifferent - deep. Just the way she likes it.

"Hi, Kusuo.", she says, and smiles warmly. I do not return it. 

"Come over here, yeah? I need to talk to you...", I mutter, motioning her to come closer. She can see how tightly my jaw clenches with the words. It causes her to falter, and her thoughts are quick to seep into my brain.

She is wary of me now. Able to sense that I might not play nice this time around, her footsteps are cautious. When she finally walks around the couch to stand in front of me, she still keeps a little distance between us. I exhale deeply, and the furrow of my brows is tight when I look up at her. Time for my performance.