Chapter Three

When he pulled my head around back towards the stables I refused. His heels dug into my sides and I bucked. I spun back around and tossed my head . When his crop snapped against my flank I went into a frenzy. Bucking wildly and throwing my weight every other which way. I eventually caught myself offbalance and slipped.I went down on my knees and Alex toppled over my head.

"You bloody stupid mare" Alex screamed out and I pushed myself up off the ground and took off. The weight of the saddle was unfortunate to have on while running.  

I refused to look back, my hooves roughly pounding against the ground beneath me as I headed straight for my home. Recalling the old path through the meadows and the small set of woods. 

The meadow I could hurry through, I knew soon the Prince and his guards would come to get me so I didnt have long. When I reached the forest my pace had to be decrease. I took it down to a fast canter weaving around the trees and jumping over the things that would take up precious seconds to go around.

The loose reins were of an annoyance, every once in a while they would slip under my hooves and pull my head down roughly. The scratches I had received from the thorns didnt bother me. I was more interested in getting home. 

As soon as I spotted the clearing my gait increased ten fold. The site of my childhood home broke my heart. It was vacant. The stone walls were crumbling and the small barn had fallen in from years of abuse. It was like every ounce of happiness in my body left. 

It didnt take long for the Prince and his guard to find me. I didnt fight. Instead I stood stock still as the Prince lept down from doubling up on one of the guards horses. Stalking towards me he snatched up the reins. "Whats gotten into you?" He stroked my neck and I kept my head turned towards my old home. A soft nicker was all I could respond with. This was depressing. 

Throwing the reins up across my neck he grabbed the saddle horn and lept upon my back. Clicking his tongue I walked on. I wasnt up for a fight.Not now anyways and so I let him lead me home. 

************************

Alex's Pov: 

I watched the beautiful mare kick up her heels as I let her loose out in our fields.  She was slightly sweaty from the riding early. I was still pondering the reaction she has to the small farm. The Aldred's had moved out a long while ago when their daughter was lost. They had never told a single soul what had happened.

Setting my arms across the wooden fence, I studied the mare. She had odd features for a normal horse. Almost too perfect. Perfect confromation, shoulders and hips alined, with great sturdy legs, some kind of draft breeding involved I was guessing. But her colors. She was a beautiful raindrop appaloosa. 

It was unsettling how young she looked. Im not sure how long father had said he had the mare in his stables, but I know it had been a while. I started my walk back into the stables. Patting a couple noses along the way, I headed for the tack room. My saddle was where it always was, just waiting to be polished. I always took great time rubbing the salve into the rich leather, rubbing my thumb across the silver pieces along the back and saddle horn.

After spending a good amount of time polishing my saddle and cleaning my bridle, I hung everything back into its original spot and went to stick the mare back in her stall.

The all horses in the pasture came galloping up to the gate as I whistled, well all except the mare I had ridden earlier. That was a tad odd. I slipped between the fence boards and walked up to one of our geldings. Grabbing a fist full of mane I lept up on Todds back. He was a bit of an older horse but he still had go in him. I nudged him on directing him with my legs and he went without a hassel.

What I saw was not something I was expecting. 

Lying down in the tall blades of grass was a naked girl. Her dark brown hair curling down long past her waist. She looked like she had never seen the sun in ages, her skin was so pale white. 

I jumped off of Todd and ran over to her. Taking off the over coat I laid it over her.As soon as the leather of the coat touched her she looked up at me weakly. For some reason I felt like i knew her. Hey big brown eyes reminded me of the mare.

"Alex...?" I wasnt exactly a secret around the kingdom but she sounded like she knew me on a personal level. 

She tried to sit up but she slipped back down. "Who are you." I asked and helped her sit up. 

"My name is Aria.." She murmured and looked away. "Please leave...I'll be gone in a little while you wont have to worry about me..."

"I cant leave you here...You can barely sit up on your own..." Before I could say anything else her body started convulsing. Her features distorted and it looked like her skin was stretching. 

One moment I was staring at a convulsing girl and the next I was staring at the horse I had ridden earlier with my coat covering a small portion of her body. 

I blinked and backed away. My mind couldnt wrap around what had happened. I just had to get away.

Turning around I lept onto Todds back and  dug my heels into his sides. There was no way I was staying around to watch what happened next.

Soo. Sorry for takin so long to update! Im trying to update more! Vote, comment, and fan thnxs!