[prologue - all aboard the magic school bus to disaster]

a/n: oh? a new fanfic that has a high chance of getting discontinued as always? well, why not, ahaha...hope you all like it. (cover is drawn and edited by me)

~~~~~

Fog and distant voices drifted in and out of their head as they struggled to comprehend what was happening. They could feel their heart beating faster as they took in shaky breaths, running in some unknown destination. Blurred, colored figures ran alongside them, a familiar group of people, they thought.

They groggily came to a stop, hearing yells of what sounded like relief.

"...you all okay...?!"

"...not gonna...up here!"

"...where's...?"

The ground shook tremendously as they tilted their head upwards to gaze upon a giant, glitched-out silhouette towering above them all. The very static from their voice forced them to cover their ears in annoyance.

"...t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊h͚̖̜̍̃͐i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣs̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚ f̳͉̼͉̙͔͈̂̉a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆...k̲̱̠̞̖ͧ̔͊̇̽̿̑ͯͅe̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅ...m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣr̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍c͔ͣͦ́́͂ͅl͕͖͉̭̰ͬ̍ͤ͆̊ͨe̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑...c͔ͣͦ́́͂ͅh͚̖̜̍̃͐o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣc͔ͣͦ́́͂ͅe̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑..."

Bright beams of purple light shone from the silhouette, flashing an oddly-shaped eye along with a jagged cross for just a second.

Then,

everything went white.

~~~~~

"Wuh..." [Name] flinched harshly from the road bump, hitting their forehead on the glass window they sat next to. "Agh—ow..."

They squinted at the abrupt change in brightness, their mind slowly starting to come into focus to hear the whirring of the fans and feel the rumble of the wheels. Putting a hand to their head, they rubbed the aching spot in annoyance, heavily sighing.

"A dream..."

A tap on their right shoulder made them turn their head back at the person sitting next to them. His bangs moved just enough for [Name] to see the slight concern in his eye.

"Are...are you okay?" Pochi asked, his game left paused in his lap. "You were mumbling something in your sleep."

They paused, then shook their head. "...Just a bad dream, I think."

The boy nodded, then continued to play on the handheld console he seemed to have 24/7. [Name] looked around the worn-out bus once more, still perturbed from the dream.

Reycho was sitting quietly next to Pochi, his hands behind his head like he had no worries. Kansai was snoring away in front of them, taking up both of the green, tattered seats. Tattsun and Mowchan were both shaking from the uninteresting movie playing on the television screen at the front of the bus. The rest were either bored out of their minds or simply observing the sights outside the moving vehicle.

"Right...we were going to Kamakura. It still feels like a weird time to have a sudden field trip in the middle of school. I wonder what'll happen if it's just us, though—"

A bright light flashed out of the corner of their eye, making them take a glance outside the opposite side of the bus. Eyebrows furrowed, they slightly shook Pochi's shoulder and pointed out towards the window.

"What...is that?"

The bus trembled, jerking a few of the group out of their seats. Kansai's snot bubble popped, along with the chatter immediately dying down, the effect of everyone being startled by the sudden movement. Still staring at the bright light falling towards the city in the distance, [Name]'s eyes widened as they watched it get closer and closer to its destination.

"A meteor—?!"

Everything felt like it was shaking, until [Name] was suddenly wrenched out from their seat. Time seemed to slow down as the bright light exploded, getting closer and closer to them.

"What—?!"

Their mind went blank as a rush of déjà vu filled their mind once more, until they were finally rendered unconscious with the rest of the group.