[12 - i be-leaf you can handle these flower puns]

a/n: updating bc it's my bday! yay,,, dunno when the next chap will come out but i had this in drafts for a bit so yeah apologies once more :')

"Why was I brought into this..." [Name] thought, watching the fuming boy with a blank stare. "Me, being a mastermind?"

"Huh...how do you figure that?" Jennu broke the silence, a hand to her head in exasperation.

"Just think about it!" Kansai shouted, waving his arms around and pointing at the two. "Reycho was totally clear-headed when the Game of Fate started! Plus, [Name] ended up helping him win, and we definitely have a reason to hate them! The two newbies must have planned it all! It was all just a plot to oust me as group leader!"

Reycho sweat-dropped at him while [Name] silently stared back, the lack of a response further fueling the boy's anger.

"Don't play dumb! I'm just bein' real here!" He grunted, facing a distracted Pai. "Hey Pai, Reycho or [Name] are the ones behind the Game of Fate, right?!"

"Hmm...could be...on the other hand, maybe not though." Her uncertain reply had Kansai growling again, and Aniki was the one who spoke up on everyone else's behalf.

"Hey, Kansai, you need to chill out. Now's not the time to go looking for the culprit behind all this."

Pochi nodded in agreement. "You start down that road and suddenly everyone starts looking suspicious..."

"Everyone, huh..." [Name] started tuning out the conversation again, watching the group with glazed eyes. "I guess I still do that, don't I...?"

[ "What, going to shut up again? Just like you did before? But you were always like that, weren't you?" ]

[ "...and we definitely have a reason to hate them!" ]

"....." They could feel a headache starting up again as they thought back on the recent displays of hatred towards themselves, not wanting to think back on the past. A figure of the same wide smile flashed through their mind before they shook it away, fists clenched discreetly to force their intrusive thoughts to subside.

Looking around once more with a clearer mind, it seemed like the conversation died down and was resolved with Kansai complaining at Reycho's sudden interest in the sky. Pai and Pochi were following his gaze as well, whispering amongst themselves, and yet [Name] still couldn't figure out what they were so fixated on.

"Alright everyone, we should get some sleep now." Jennu spoke up, clapping her hands to get everyone's attention. "Best to get as much rest as possible for the trip ahead."

"Wh-What if the plant monsters follow us here?" Mowchan stammered, looking towards the plaza area they were previously at. "Who knows what's out there at night..."

"What a baby..." Chuko sighed.

"Are you saying we need a lookout?" Nyoro shook her head. "Someone else do it, I need my sleep."

With no one wanting to take on the burden, [Name] silently raised their hand, gaining a surprised reaction from everyone.

"...I can keep watch." They spoke curtly, observing everyone's expressions.

"Are you doing this just to get the suspicion off yourself?!" Kansai accused, glare back on his face. "Don't think it'll be that easy!"