Like Father, Like Son

Adrien stood in his father's lair, Hawk Moth's lair, holding a picture of his mother in his hands. He was desperate to get her back and he would do anything, even if it meant the end of Ladybug. He possessed 1 of the 2 miraculous needed to grant his wish, the black cat ring that was capable of destruction. All he needed was the ladybug earrings, possessed by his classmate and love of his life, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. The rattle of chains behind him told him she was awake. "Ugh, W-where am I?" Marinette squinted and tried to reach for her head, only to find out her hands were held back by chains connected to the walls. "What the?" She looked at her wrists. She saw bruises, creeping out from under the metal. She had been there longer than she had known.
"Marinette..." Adrien spoke. Marinette looked in the direction of the voice. She could make out a dark figure that was darkened by the bright light reflecting from the large window behind the figure.
"Hawk... Moth?" Marinette questioned. It didn't make sense, Gabriel was found out to be Hawk Moth and was arrested 4 months ago, but who else could it be?
"I'm sorry milady, but I need her back," Adrien turned around. Seeing Marinette in pain because of him made his heart ache, but his heart ached more from the loss of his mother.
"A-Adrien?!" Marinette exclaimed as she tried to move forward but her legs buckled under her. "What are you saying?"
"I need my mother back, I need that wish," Adrien stepped forward, his face slightly more visible to Marinette now. He had been crying, from the look of his strained eyes and pink cheeks.
"Adrien! You don't understand!"
"Oh, I understand plenty, you knew what our miraculous could do if combined and you kept it from me," Adrien lashed out.
"Adrien, there was a reason I wouldn't tell you or anyone!" Marinette exclaimed. "If you make that wish, someone else will lose their life!"
"I don't care! I need her back..." Adrien knelt down to Marinette's level, cupping her chin between 2 of his fingers. Adrien kissed Marinette. He still loved her but he wanted a family again. He wanted a mother. As Adrien pulled away, Marinette dropped her head low. Adrien sighed and reached his hand towards her earrings, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Marinette quickly shuffled back, with all the strength she had left.
"No! Adrien stop!" She pleaded.
"I didn't want to have to do this but..." Adrien paused. "Plagg, claws out," Her partner, Chat Noir, appeared in front of her. Marinette sighed as she finally managed to stand up.
"Fine, If you want to do this, we can do this," Marinette looked up, her eyes almost glowing in the dim light, just like how Chat's emerald eyes glowed. "Tikki spots on,"
Ladybug quickly ran back and bounced off the wall towards Chat. The chains broke harshly, sending a painful feeling through her arms, but she ignored the pain and continued to fight Chat, dodging his swings and using his cataclysm against him. If she could save him almost 100 times from the influence of an Akuma, she could save him from himself.