It's Freezing in Here!

Lucifer sighed. He'd just woken up and upon looking to his side, was already reminded of what he had to do. He had to release the kid, and he wasn't exactly happy about it. It's not like Dice cared about the kid- so why the hell did he care what happened to the mug?! He looked at the sleeping man and huffed through his nose, steam coming out. If King was awake, he would've been able to see the dumb pouty expression his lover had plastered on his face. He huffed again and got up (of course making sure he didn't disturb his King's slumber) before heading through the palace and down to the cellars. Inside, he already heard chattering teeth. He peered over to see Mugman in his cell, curled up in a ball and shivering. Lucifer frowned a bit- he had thought a lot about the boy. Mugman was the brighter of the two brothers, not to mention the sweeter one. Yet in his eager need for revenge after what the two cups put him through- he captured the wrong damn boy. He knew that now. He knew the boy that was currently a popsicle didn't deserve what Lucifer had put him through over the past few nights. He went over and opened the cell, picking the sleeping boy up. He must have been utterly exhausted to fall asleep in that cell considering it's state and the temperature. He brought him upstairs, cuddled up to his fur. When he got to the kitchen- he saw something he wasn't supposed to see yet.

Dice, who was now up and about.

His eyes widened when he saw the little boy.
"H-He- he looks frozen!" He immediately went to his care, taking him in his own arms. The poor boy... while Dice had a horrible distaste for Cuphead, he really didn't mind Mugman. After all, it was his brother that forced him to participate.
"Wh-why are you up, my dear..?" The fluffy demon asked, and while usually Dice would love such a sweet nickname, right now he knew it was only to soften the blow of his scolding towards Lucifer.
"What the hell were you thinking." Dice growled out. It was less of a question- and more of a demand, a strict demand for an answer. "He is a child. He isn't his brother. He didn't want to hurt anyone- but in your god damn blind rage and need for Justice, thought it was okay to put a child in a cell, then left him there for only god knows how long!" He barked, his eyes flashing green. He saw Lucifer cower just a bit, and his eyes become sadder. He softened slightly.
".... You... you just can't do that. I know being kind or merciful isn't really your forte, but you need to know when to make acceptions." He sighed, rubbing his temples. Lucifer nodded, almost like a 'yes sir!'. But Dice was startled when the boy groaned, opening his eyes and gasping when he saw King Dice was holding him.
      He panicked, King Dice was holding him!!! The Devils right hand man!!! The most sleazy and untrustworthy man in all of Inkwell- was HOLDING HIM!! He managed to flop out of his arms and onto the hard floor. He grunted, but looked up at them.      
   "Y-YOU'RE HOLDING CHALICE HOSTAGE!! I KNOW IT!!" He said, tearing up. This wasn't as triumphant as he originally wanted. This was fearful and worried. He was worried they'd hurt him again, or worse- kill him. He sniffled and suddenly burst out into tears, covering his face. He was truly scared. Really, really scared. The two most powerful men were standing in front of him, and they could decide his fate in a snap. But he suddenly heard a sigh and there was a warm hand on his back.
      Lucifer looked at the boy and gently rubbed his back.
     "... I'm sorry, Mughead. I shouldn't have put you through that hell. I tricked you into thinking we were planning something to get you to stay long enough to trap you. But the truth is, if you think we have your friend, I'm sorry, we don't. I do not know her location. I'm... im sorry. I shouldn't have lied either." He admitted. He heard Dice sigh happily and looked up at him. He looked content and a little proud. Lucifer smiled, that gave him the confidence to keep going. "... are you okay now at least..?" He asked Mugman. He looked up at Lucifer and winced.
      "Y-You were so mean before... wh-what happened?" He whimpered, still moving and avoiding his touch. Which was understandable. Lucifer sighed.
      "I am not a good man. I'm sure you can see that. But sometimes my cruelty needs to provide acceptions. People that should be spared from my fury. And you're one of them. It just took me longer than it should have to realize it." He admitted. Dice smiled at that, for once the demon had listened to him. "I've had a bit of a change of heart as of late." Lucifer said, smiling a bit. Mugman blinked a few times processing.
      "... you don't have Ms. Chalice..?" He asked one more time. Both Dice and Devil shook their heads.
      "I'm sorry, Mugman, I wish we could help you." King said, looking to the side.
      Mugman suddenly lit up- maybe they could help him!!
      ".... I'll forgive you and wont report you under one condition." He said, crossing his arms. Both men looked up. "You help me find her." He said with a smile. Both of their eyes widened.
"And you give me a blanket. I'm still cold." He sneezed, rubbing his nose. Dice just dumbfoundedly  went to get the blanket while Lucifer now processed. This kid had some real courage to ask such a thing from the demon lord. Chalice was by every definition a rival of Lucifer. Making the idea of helping save her from something not-so-appetizing. Dice on the other hand was just utterly surprised Mugman had the guts to even ask something from the Devil. If it had been him in that cage- he would've just been grateful to be let out!! But he came back and wrapped the blanket around him.
     "Thank you!" He said cheerfully. Dice just smiled a bit and nodded as a 'you're welcome'. Mugman snuggled up to the blanket and smiled. 

     "Ready to make up your end of the deal?"

Im not dead, just didn't have much motivation to write. I'll be working on more stuff soon, promise!