00| Prologue

8 Years Ago (Flashback)

I always dreamt of studying in London, wandering in the streets filled with shops and cafés. Baba always supported me in everything. He was a Fitoori. He always stood up to his Maa for my sake.

He felt that she was controlling our lives and always got sympathy from the others by portraying herself as the most saddest woman in the whole world. Well, Baba was right. There are women who are even sadder than her.

She was left at the altar. But she doesn't understand that Orphans and Widows do exist. They have a far worse fate than hers. She has a big fat family that includes me, still she acts like the loneliest and the saddest woman in the whole world.

This was the infiniteth time she was telling me how she was left at the altar. I couldn't contain myself, so I bursted out.

"ENOUGH THAKU MAA!! YOU HAVE TOLD ME THIS N NUMBER OF TIMES!! YOU ARE NOT THE SADDEST WOMAN IN THIS WORLD!! YOU ARE JUST A PATHETIC, ATTENTION AND SYMPATHY SEEKING WOMAN!!! THERE ARE WIDOWS AND ORPHANS TOO WHO FACE MUCH MORE THAN WHAT YOU FACE!! SO ENOUGH OF YOUR DRAMA!! GET A LIFE!!!"

"BONDITA!! YOU CAN'T TALK-"

"OH!! YOU KNOW YOU ARE PATHETIC!! STOP IT FOR GODS SAKE!!"

With that, I walked away, leaving TM and others shocked. That was the turning point in my life. A few more years passed and I was giving my final exams. TM gave me a lot of work but still I managed to study and secure the 1st rank. She wasn't that happy.

When Baba announced that he will be taking me to London for higher education, TM opposed us and locked us in a room so that we wouldn't escape. Maa came to us and told us to run away. All the 3 of us made a fool proof plan to make everyone fall asleep.

Maa shrewdly mixed sleeping drugs into everyone's drinks that they drank before going to sleep. I mixed one in hers too. As Maa opened the door, I gave the drink to her not before waiting for everyone to fall asleep. As all fell asleep, I asked Mom to drink the juice and I and Baba escaped by packing our things and left for the port.

We checked our backs to check if anyone was following us or not. Like that we reached the port and boarded the ship. I saw a guy looking at me and I just ignored him. I dunno what he thought, but I don't give a damn of what he thinks of me.

We did it!! We ran away from Thaku Maa successfully. I hope Maa copes up with the situations. I promised to send back Baba alone to Krishna Nagar and will see her for one last time in the station and go somewhere else.

Present Time

I called Maa and let her know that we were coming back from London. She told me that Thaku Maa was extremely upset with me and Baba for fooling her and running away.

"Maa. You come and pick Baba from the station. I know, TM will not accept me. I will meet you at the station and then I will leave."

"Okay, my child."

I and Baba got off the train and we met Maa waiting for us. I ran towards her and told her that I became a Gold-Medal Barrister. She was happy and blessed me. I told her to take Dad and go back.

When she asked about me, I told I would see a place to live all by myself. I assured that I have enough money to buy a house. She seemed convinced when I showed her the money.

As I turned to leave, a voice stopped me. I knew who's voice it was. Maa flinched in her place.

"Where do you think you are going?"

I turned, looked into her eye and answered.

"To find a place for myself."

"Oh."

"Yeah. You told me I have no place in your big fat family once I graduate right? Look. I earned money by working too. Now I'm rich enough to go away from the family."

"Then leave. Don't ever show your face."

"Even if you die, I will not even come to have a look at your dead face. That's Bondita's promise."

"Sumati Bahu, let's go."

"I will come under one condition."

"What is it?"

"Bondita will call the Haveli for one last time once she gets a place to live."

"I will call Maa. Don't worry."

"Now come." Thaku Maa pulled Maa with her and she went. I waved back at Baba and Maa and turned around and left for staying in a lodge for a while. I saw a guy with a car. I went to him.

"Excuse me, do you know any lodges in this area?"

"None to my knowledge My Lady. This is a village and guests are allowed to live in others' houses."

"For a lodge should I go to the City?"

"DADA!!" A voice called out. I figured it was this guy's brother.

"Just give me a minute My Lady. I will be right back."

"Sure."

I saw the two hugging each other. They were meeting after a long time. He is a man, so he will be accepted into the family. But girls who are educated are neither accepted into the family or accepted for marriage.

I saw both the guys coming towards me. I just looked somewhere else. He interrupted my train of thoughts.

"Pardon me, what you were asking me previously?"

"I asked if I should go to the city for a lodge."

"Yes My Lady, if you don't mind, you can live at my Mansion. I can make arrangements for your stay there."

"Uhh, sure, if you are comfortable with it."

"Please get in the car. I will just make a call and come back."

The other guy was chirpy and helped me with my luggage and also helped me into the car. He came back and started to car and we went towards his village or better to say, his Mansion.