01| The Beginning

Bondita's POV

As we drove through the forest area, the guy in the back started to speak with me.

"Hey! I'm Som. Somnath Roy Choudhary. What's your name?"

"Hi. I'm Bondita, formerly Das."

"Why so?"

"Got disowned by my family minutes before I boarded this car."

"Oh. Sorry."

"It's okay. Not at all a problem. I knew they would disown me. I am happy that I am free from that group of Regressive minded ppl."

"Looking at your clothes, you are an educated woman. What's your qualification?"

"A certified Criminal Barrister. You?"

"Oh, am a Forensic Scientist and Analyst."

"Ha! Amazing and Rewarding!"

"Huh?"

"I am a Criminal Barrister, you are a Forensic Scientist and an Analyst. We would make an amazing team, right?"

"Oh yes! So I am in your team?"

"Yes. From the minute I join Calcutta High Court, you would be beside me always."

"Oooh. This is going to be interesting then."

"Are you guys done?"

"Dude chill. Why getting so worked up?"

"Did you just call Dada a 'dude'?"

"Yeah well, I have lived in London for almost my childhood. So, it's a habit."

"You can call me anything. Well, you can call me by my name if you want."

"Oh yes. What's your name?"

"I'm Anirudh. Anirudh Roy Choudhary."

"Hello Anirudh, Bondita here. What's your qualification?"

"I'm a senior Barrister at Calcutta High Court."

"Wait. If you are a Barrister, what's this gun doing in your pocket?"

"Oh, uh, this I can explain later. You want the gun?"

"No, I have my own."

Silence. The damned silence rose again in the car. I closed my eyes and rested for a while. At one point, I was gently woken up by Anirudh who informed me that we had reached the Mansion. He got down and went inside, leaving me and Somnath alone in the car.

He came back happily and told me that I can stay in this Mansion as long as I don't get a house for myself. We went to the threshold and were welcomed with Aarti and I was asked to step in first. Anirudh and Som entered after me and the Lady, who is supposedly the Badi Malkin of the Mansion, took me to a room.

"This is your room from now on dear. Can I ask what is your name?"

"Bondita, Badi Malkin."

"Okay, no need to address me as Badi Malkin. You can call me Sampoorna Maa."

"Sure Sampoorna Maa."

"Now take some rest, I will call you when lunch is ready."

"Sure."

Author's POV

Bondita was called after what seemed like 3 hours. As she sat down to eat, the sound of car tyres screeching flew in the Mansion and Sampoorna looked at Bondita with panic on her face. Anirudh went straight to the man and told about the events that took place. Luckily, Bondita had changed into a anarkali suit, the man came to her with an neutral expression on his face.

"You come and meet me after you complete your lunch. I will be sitting in the hall."

"Sure. I will come."

"Hmm."

Bondita completed her lunch and went to talk to the man, who seemed to be the eldest in the house.

"Sit down."

"You know who I am?"

"I guess you are the eldest member in this family."

"Yes, that I am. I'm Zameendar Trilochan Roy Choudhary, the whole of Calcutta's Landowner."

"Oh. Namaste Zameendar Sahab."

"You can call me as Kaka, as I am called by my nephews."

"Sure, Kaka."

"Now tell me your name, where are you from and what do you do?"

"I am Bondita, formerly Das, I am from London and I will start working as a Barrister under your eldest nephew."

"Why formerly Das ?"

"Ah, long story short, my Thaku Maa tortured my parents into disowning me, to fulfill her ego."

"Well, if I say women who study face this fate, Anirudh will jump on me like a tiger."

"KAKA I AM NOT-"

"WILL YOU STOP EAVESDROPPING ON THE CONVERSATION AND COMPLETE YOUR LUNCH ANIRUDH?"

Anirudh was baffled, yet he obeyed Bondita's order, shocking the others.

"And you seem a good woman. I will be giving you tests then and now to see if you are accomplished in household works and other things."

"Sure Kaka."

"Now you may go and take rest."

After Bondita went, Kaka muttered to Bihari that though Bondita is educated, she is the perfect match for Anirudh to which he agreed. Somnath snickered from the side, "Afterall, there is a woman who can tame our Dada!" making Anirudh smack him on the head. Bondita heard all this from the staircase and got happy that Kaka liked her.

What will be Kaka's reaction when he gets to know that Bondita is Kalindi's granddaughter?

Let's see in the next chapter.