_\*\ Our Own Happy Family /*/_

(Adopted! Poison Mushroom + Reader + Father-ish Licorice)
(Thanks TV_aaa for the new request bc I don't have any ideas for stories for this book! Thank you!)
(Reader Pronouns: She-they)
(Y'all know their pronouns...)

You where a very close friend to Licorice, you where not a goodie two shoes or a evil minion to D.E. You just lived by yourself, talking to both sides of the party since you didn't want any stress, which is probably how you kept your glossy H/C hair so full of life. Anyways, you'd just like living alone, yes it can be a bit lonely but you always have Licorice and Poison Mushroom with you. Honestly you'd always saw Poison Mushroom as a child to yourself, you'd was always their to entertain them, feed them and comfort them. You'd would go to the ends of the earth for them, and you'd always let Licorice be himself around you, he'd always go the extra mile for you. He'd saw you as one of those friends that would do anything for their friends.
You'd would actually do anything for them. You love them as a family.
Of course you'd never actually met the rest of the Cookies Of Darkness, Poison Mushroom and Licorice doesn't want you to, their afraid of you getting hurt or... joining the Darkness, even tho you've told them a bunch of times you wouldn't, no matter whatever they'd say.

[9:10 am]
You now was laying against a tree, reading a book, just chilling in the chilly air, that day was unknowingly cold, so you where wearing comfy clothes and a scarf, you where absorbed into the book you where reading by now but then...
*snap!*
You looked around your surroundings, and found Poison Mushroom walking to you with Licorice's scythe.
"Oh, Hi P.M! May I a-"
"Licooorice haas bussinessss with thee Kingdoom cooookies."
You where about to ask but Poison Mushroom interrupted you.
Then you'd ask.
"Well... why do you have his Scythe?"
"Weeell he saaaid he didnnn't neeed itt."
"So you took it?"
"Yeeep!"
The small conversation you had with P.M made you wonder...
Why did he didn't need his Scythe?
You where curious and a worried.
You actually didn't know how his magic worked, but you just prayed to gray clouds that he didn't get hurt.
"Well, how bout we just hang out for a bit P.M!"
"I would looove thaaat."
"Alight let's go to my house! I've gotten new paint and paper!"
"Yaaay!"
You leaded P.M to your hut and let them in, You wondered if Licorice was winning by now.
The scrapping noise of the Scythe knocked you back to reality.
"Y/N?"
"Hm? Oh! Right, Right Sorry!!"
You walked in to your hut and looked at P.M as they tried to put Licorice's Scythe on the wall. You panicked a bit and helped them pry it up on the wall, it was surprisingly heavy.
When it was on the wall, you walked to a small chest where you kept the paper and paint stuff for P.M, you got the stuff and gave the things to the little Shroomie and they were excited as heck.
You smiled in delight as P.M started painting, you where happy they where happy, but you still wondered about Licorice...
the soft taps of the water outside made both of you realize that it was raining. You looked at Poison Mushroom as they looked at you with a sparkle in their eyes.
You chuckled and then said.
"We can go looking for frogs, let's just get our raincoat."
They nodded and ran to the closet and started looking for those raincoat. You chuckled a bit and started helping them find the coats.
Both of you found them, you got your F/C raincoat on and P.M put their Dark Purple raincoat on and they where so excited. You loved seeing them so happy just to look for frogs or toads.
Both of you two when outside, even tho it was raining lightly, you can felt it'll get harder soon.
"Alight, let's go to The Toad Spot!"
"Yaaay! Let'sss gooo!"
You two happily walked to the lake and P.M started looking under the Mossy Rocks, while you looked near the side of the lake...
"Loook! Fooound ooone!"
Poison mushroom said, getting your attention.
You walked over to them and saw them holding a blueish green toad.
"Aww he's so cute! What's his name?"
"Hmm... His name is Genesis!"
"Aww that's such a cool name!
"Hehe it is... oop! Aww bye Genesis!"
"Bye Genesis! Stay safe!"
"Please be safe!"
Genesis hopped away into the rain and you and P.M continued looking for frogs or toads. You couldn't find anything but P.M found an jelly Mushroom, which looked yummy, Of course you didn't allow them to eat that jelly, but when you led Poison Mushroom away from that tree. You saw a shadowy figure approaching you two. P.M noticed and hid behind you but the figure waved its arm and shouted. "Hey Y/N!" With a shaky voice, when it got closer it was Licorice!
"Licorice!"
You shouted as you ran to him, Poison Mushroom followed.
His movements where slow and shaky and he looked so exhausted, that's why you picked him up when he tried to fall down, he was somewhat easy to carry.
You looked down at Poison Mushroom who was worried, it was clear on their face. All of y'all hurried home and you laid Licorice on the guest bed, while Poison Mushroom was searching the cupboards for tea, you saw and asked what they where doing.
"Licorice likes teeea, but I foorgoot which teeea he likees."
Poison Mushroom answered as they searched the Cupboards.
"Well I have Peppermint tea and Match tea packets on the top cupboards!"
You responded as you made sure the bed was extra comfy for Licorice.
Poison Mushroom found the peppermint and match tea but didn't know which one to choose so Peppermint tea. They read the instructions on the box and got the kettle out, but...
"Hold on!"
You said, which made P.M freeze.
You came out as Poison Mushroom was holding the old iron kettle.
"Want me to show you how?"
"... yeeess, on the infooormation it said i haaad to ussse fire for itt."
"Well it just depend what level of fire it is, now since this is an Iron Kettle, it'll be bottling quickly, but just watch, okay?"
"Okie!"
Poison Mushroom said as they began watching you begin to make the tea, soon the water was even and you set fire to the stone?
(I'm sorry idk) and you placed the kettle on the stovetop.
"Now you just gotta wait for the kettle to speak like a squeaky frog!"
"Oookie!"
"Also please don't touch it while it's steaming."
"I woon't!"
You smiled and patted P.M Mushroom top.
"Good, and just so you know! I'm really proud of you!"
You gone back to the guest room and continued fixing the bed while Poison Mushroom was in shockth, they never had their Mushroom hat patted that gently before, they felt that motherly love. They wanted to make you proud so they started to get that tea bag ready on the cup and then.
*tea kettle noises*
"Oh looks like it's ready!"
You say, you where tucking Licorice in but heard P.M say. "I'll poour it innn the cupp." "Okay! Just keep the Cookie Glove on and don't let it touch your dough!"
"Oookie!"
Poison Mushroom knew what the Cooking Glove is and found and put it on, Poison Mushroom turned off the Stovetop and got the kettle to pour it in the cup, they did it with no mistakes.
They where about to bring the cup to Y/N but...
"Oh yeah! Let the tea sit for a while! It'll still probably be warm when Licorice wakes up, just don't grab it right now!"
"Oh oookie!"
Poison mushroom knew it is hot now and it hurt if they touch it.
Poison mushroom just pushed the cup away from the edge of the table and walked to the guest bedroom, Y/N was laying on a chair but they noticed Poison Mushroom.
"Oh! Hi Poison Mushroom!"
You said while whispering.
"Is Licoorice going to be okay?"
"Yes he just fainted, so before he has the tea, give him a cup of water!"
"Oookie!"

[11:31 pm.]

Licorice woke up in a freshly comfortable bed, he wondered how long he's be knocked out.
"Here!"
Poison Mushroom gave Licorice a cup of water.
"What? Oh thanks Mushroom."
Licorice took the cup and patted the Mushroom top, Licorice drank the water and that felt like heaven, he was chilling until.
"Oh your awake! Want Peppermint tea?."
"Really? Yeah I want some tea! Thanks Y/N"
"No problem Licorice!"
You soon came back with the warm tea, Licorice thanked you both.
Both of y'all ended up sleeping on an blanket and pillow pillar...

(Omg they are soooo OOC... I'm so so sorry about this I'm just feeling down, I tried to make it cute even tho I wanted to make angst....)
(Story WordCount: 1520 words)

(See y'all you Lovely Gremlins!!)