Chapter 4 - The Cliche Volleyball Scene

Just like that, another Monday came around and despite our busy schedules, Oikawa and I were able to get a lot of coverage for the article.

Feeling exhausted and wanting to give more time to the other members of our club, I canceled our meeting and instead headed to the library after school.

This time, I didn't fall asleep on the library sofa.

While proofreading the newspaper for the next edition, I was shadowed by a tall figure.

"Do you really like the library or something?" A familiar and attractive voice said.

I looked up to see an upside down face with an adorable smirk standing directly above me.

"Not particularly." I said back.

"Hm...it seems like you do..." he says, taking a seat next to me. "You also favor this sofa..."

"Is there a reason you've come to the library, Great King?" I said while repositioning myself.

"Actually, I was looking for you!" He smiles and says excitedly. "I wanted to see if you wanted to hangout."

I immediately turned my head away to avoid letting him see me blush.

"Well, if I'm being honest, I'm kind of exhausted from all this newspaper stuff..." I said.

Oikawa chuckled.

"I didn't mean for the article...I meant like actually hanging out." He says sweetly.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know...we can start with ice cream?" He says turning to look at me with that incredibly handsome grin. Man, he makes this hard.

"I do like ice cream." I smirked.

•••

We walked to an ice cream shop not too far from school and each got a cone before suddenly coming up to a sand volleyball court.

He planned this didn't he. Was this going to be a cheesy scene where he teaches me volleyball moves to get close to each other and ends with a make out?

Oh, and just so happens there was already a ball in the middle of the sand. Classic.

"Have you ever played?" He asks, picking up the ball.

"Volleyball? No. I've never been much of an athletic girl. But I do know a lot about the game. I used to write the articles for the games so I'd show up to most of them." I say proudly as if I was trying to impress him. What is happening to me?

"I know, I always noticed when you were there." He said smiling while tossing the ball into the air.

He always noticed? I would have never thought he would because he is always so focused during games. As if he wasn't thinking about anything else in the world.

"Let's see you serve Rossi..." Oikawa says, tossing me the ball.

"Are you crazy? I have no idea how!" I shouted at him from the other side of the net.

He laughed.

"You have seen me do it a million times! I'm sure you could pull it off." Oikawa says. Was he trying to get me to embarrass myself?

"Doesn't mean I can do that! Besides, your jump serve is impossible without years of practice. We literally just talked about it at your practice last week." I said throwing the ball back to him.

"Come on, then just do a regular serve." He throws the ball back to me.

He wasn't going to let this go was he.