10: Exams Are Boringly Easy

HELLO, PARTY PEOPLE! I am back for some more BNHA action. I became detached from the fandom due to commitment issues but I am back and ready to write you a brilliant and cold-hearted Y/N! 

Disclaimer: The image above is not mine.

Today was the day of U.A.'s entrance exam.

The written portion was ... easy. So easy that I walked out of the examination room yawning. And whether it be in this universe or my old one, my peers still gawked at me like I was some alien creature for finishing everything within an hour.

However, it's not over yet.

All that is left is the practical exam, for which we were currently receiving instruction from a pro hero named Present Mic in a giant auditorium.

Slumped over his seat next to me was Hitoshi, who looked like someone just told him he was already rejected.

I glanced over to the corner of my eye and spotted Midoriya and Bakugou. For being not-lovers, I wonder why they went out of their way to sit next to each other?

Ah, well, I'll have more time to study them once we get into this school.

There is no doubt in my mind that they're both going to pass. I've been practicing my stealth by stalk—by observing those two.

Bakugou is a no-brainer, he is an arrogant brat but he has the skills to back him up. As for Midoriya ... Hm. I couldn't observe him too closely when All-Might was with him but I figured out three important facts:

1) Izuku Midoriya was not born with his own quirk,

2) All-Might is most likely in a bad condition (otherwise he wouldn't be training some kid and sharing a secret he refused to tell anybody else), and

3) Midoriya will definitely pass this exam, but not through impeccable use of his newfound ability.

It's rare for people to amuse me so I plan to enjoy our future together at U.A.

My thoughts were interrupted by a husky voice, "What're you laughing about? It's creepy."

I turned my attention to Hitoshi. This body would be sad if he didn't get in, and the only way someone with his power can pass is—

"Ow!" He complained as I flicked his forehead.

"You want to be in the Hero Course, don't you?"

"Huh? What are you talking about? There is no chance—"

"Yes or no?"

"Uh," he hesitated, eyes falling. "Of course, I do."

"Good. Pay close attention to what I'm going to say." I made a "come closer" motion with my finger.

Though his eyes narrowed with confusion, he obediently did so and I leaned over his shoulder, hand covering my mouth as I whispered: "This is a test for heroes."

I pulled back and saw his ear red with embarrassment.

"I-I know that already!" He whisper-shouted, refusing to meet my line of sight.

"Did you really?" I asked seriously. This test was dangerous, the kind of dangerous that could end with a few scraped knees at best and a year-long hospital stay at worst. If Hitoshi was as smart as I gave him credit for, and as kind as I believe him to be, then he will find a way to pass.

He stared at me, slack-jawed. He still didn't understand.

I chuckled and patted his shoulder as Present Mic told us to proceed outside.