𝙩𝙬𝙤

+ + +

+ + +

FINLAND 2023

GOLDEN EYES RETURNED to their natural blue state.

The vision vanished without warning — a flustered Delphi looked around at her surroundings to see mostly darkness with the dying flame being the only thing producing any light. A significant amount of time must have passed. The dim light was minuscule but allowed the Seerer to make out the cause of her vision abruptly fading: Cerberus. As her companion, the burly canine knew the signs of when Delphi was having a vision; her eyes would change colour, her body would become rigid and her breathing slowed to the point one might think she wasn't actually breathing. He also knew when to try to wake her from said visions. The caring creature had chosen to lick her stiff fingers in order to bring her back — he did so because she was gone for too long.

Thin fingers moved to run through the thick fur of Cerberus, it always calmed the small Eternal after a premonition. "Thank you." She beamed brightly, her companion's tail wagging at her delicate voice. As she typically would, Delphi got up — Cerberus at her heels — and walked to a door, which led to a corridor, opposite the front door. Along the corridor was a few paintings she had picked up over the years. Some were of pretty landscapes, others were portraits of people who had lived long ago. Three identical doors were on one side of the corridor, the other side was a set of stairs. One door led to a bathroom, and the other two were guest rooms that were yet to be used. Up the stairs was Delphi's bedroom. Across from where she currently stood was a frosted glass door, an oak handle and frame. The Eternal and dog strode in time to the closed, glass door. Behind which was a vast, lush greenhouse.

Instantly, fragrant smells of jasmine, lavender, wisteria and many more perfumed plants invaded her nostrils, calming her. White painted beams supported the thick glass walls and roof. Rows of different plants lay before her. In the three most right row was the vegetation she grew and lives on — from tomatoes and cucumbers to carrots and potatoes. The rest was dedicated to any plants Delphi liked enough to grow. Though it didn't take much for her to like a plant and decide to grow it. Without a doubt, she had a green thumb. The greenhouse was the place she would religiously go to after a premonition. Calming aromas swirled around her rather sore head, as her eyes viewed everything that was bathed in the silvery moonlight.

A whining sound drew her attention. Cerberus had grown concerned when she halted her movements upon entering but he saw no real signs of another vision. "I'm alright," reassured Delphi, "I swear it." She pleaded when he tilted his head as if to say he did not truly believe her. Deep down she knew the smart creature was right. After centuries of having her powers, one would assume she would be able to deal with her visions; which was true in most cases but when she saw things concerning her fellow Eternals or the death of somebody, even if she did not know them, she usually goes into a brittle, distant state with only Cerberus there to help her. A long time ago, Ajak used to heal her mind after such premonitions or her fellow Eternals — especially Druig — would do everything they could to distract the Seerer. After five years of not speaking to her leader, and even longer without seeing any of the others, Delphi had accepted that she would have to deal with the pain herself.

Aimlessly, the girl meandered around the greenhouse occasionally stopping to use the green, metal watering can she had picked up. Cerberus wandered off, too. The rose bushes looked dreary. Giving them her attention, Delphi's mind began to cloud with thoughts.

Why did they come here? Why was it only four of them? Were the others alright? Makkari, Thena, Gilgamesh, Phastos, Ajak? Was Druig safe?

Questions, to which she had no answers, whirled in a vicious cycle. Though she saw what was happening clearly she hadn't the faintest idea about the circumstances that brought Sersi, Ikaris, Kingo and Sprite — as well as the unknown man — to her doorstep, nor did she know when they would appear. One of the issues with her spontaneous visions was Delphi's inability to know precisely when the events will come to pass — usually, she can predict roughly when but she could never be certain. Most of the time her assumptions were correct. She anticipated they would arrive within the next day or two. Thinking this, the brunette made a mental note to ensure the guest bedrooms were clean enough to be used.

For now, however, her heavy eyelids barely stayed open as she discarded the empty watering can and called Cerberus to her. Once he was before her, the pair went back along the corridor, up the stair that led to her bedroom. The room was much like the rest of the house: an amplification of Delphi. At the top of the dark, wooden stairs her open plan bedroom had substantial windows with thin, white, lacy curtains already closed. Her bed was opposite the stairs — it was unmade and had a mountain of pillows on it. Some walls contained books shelves while others had decorative pieces and unique mirrors.

Swiftly changing into comfortable pyjamas, Delphi curled up in bed — Cerberus residing at the end of the bed — and fell into what she hoped would be a dreamless sleep.