A rainy day+call pranks+chats

As I sat watching the rain pour quite hardly, my pup, Toffy, came up to me and sat beside me. "Hey Toffy, watching the rain?"

He wagged his tail as an answer.

"Mhm. Let me call Riley for a bit then" I said, dialing Riley's phone number. She took the call.

"Hey ya, wassup budd -"
"Rose Black here, call me back later, busy right now." I said, keeping in a laugh.

"Excuse m-"
Click.

I cut the call. Yes, I did exactly that.
I call pranked her.

A moment later, she called back and I accepted, chuckling.

"Haha hello Ril-"
"Riley Neds here, at school, will call later."

Shithead. You Dare Use My Own Spells Against Me, Potter? Actually, Riley. Potter had brains.

"Oh well, guess we both are gonna keep pranking each other. Just like 'the legend says Rose and Riley are still pranking each other to this day'."

Toffy tilted his head at me. Of course he didn't understand.

I didn't call back and prank again. Instead, I called her once and when it started ringing, I cut it.
I did the same again.
Again. Again. Again

Now when Riley checks her phone, it's gonna be a call bomb.

She wasn't online though, so when she checks, BOOM.

I clicked back and went to Instagram, at first to watch some reels. That's when I saw I had a message.

 That's when I saw I had a message

It's true, I hated the rain. Though I did watch it sometimes.

I liked the wind and winter season, but rain was a big NOPE. It was during the rain that most unfortunate things happened, like very bad floods, thunder storm that made everyone lock themselves inside their houses, and even things that were personal and not general, like Toffy getting hurt.
I didn't believe in superstitions or luck, but this always happened and rain was a bane to me. No one can change that, babe.

 No one can change that, babe