Chapter-16

Holaaa...

Back with another chapter.

This is the present. The previous 3 chapters were the past from Sid's POV. Still another half from his POV is left which will be published after the next few chapters.

This part contains mature content. A note.

Enjoy reading!

I wake up with a jerk as I remember the day I broke Priya

I wake up with a jerk as I remember the day I broke Priya. Finding myself on my chair in my cabin at Arora Companies, I lean back with closed eyes.

Maybe because I broke her like that, I was punished all these years. Maybe because I killed our baby, I am being punished. Maybe I was punished for foolishness. Maybe I was punished for playing with my Priya's feelings. Waiting for myself to be strong enough to protect her, I let her go and she isn't happy. Neither I am.

"Siddharth Sir," I hear her melodious voice making my eyes shoot open.

I see Priya in a peach Kurti and pants with a violet dupatta stuck at her neck. Her loose hair and nude lipstick on her lips, add beauty to her divinity.

She looks around with twitched lips and finally, her eyes land on me. Tucking hair strands behind her ear, she walks toward me. "Good morning, Siddharth Sir. Why is the room so messed up? Did you do this, Sir?" She asks, a bit worried and a bit perplexed.

I stare at her intently holding my heart from jumping crazily. "Indeed a good morning," I whisper with a smile. She looks at me with threaded brows and suddenly, something strikes in my head. "Wait! Morning? What's today's date?" I yell in horror and look at the watch noticing that it's been just a night. Reminiscing about the painful breakup, I felt like I lived for that one year again.

Priya's laugh breaks my reverie. She looks so peaceful laughing her heart out. I still remember how she cried for me to not harm me, how she cried when I insulted her on campus in front of hundreds of students. And that teary face, still, pierces right into my heart. My eyes rolled down to her beautiful stomach that held my Siya.

Do I deserve her even after hurting her self-respect?

Maybe not! But I don't want to leave her. I want to be selfish. For her. For us. At least now.

"Siddharth Sir?" Priya's call crack the spell she cast on me with her beauty and kindness. Making terrifying faces, she continues, "Sir, how can you sleep here? For the whole night? With no one around you? Alone in the whole building? Darkness, completely, pitch black. What if a ghost comes to my little Siddharth and takes him away? Don't you know, without Mumma beside you, ghosts have a special kind of power to take away us?" She makes horror faces, gasping, moving her hands in the air animated by and widening her eyes.

I burst out into fits of laughter at her acts. Priya giggles and our happiness roars in my cabin.

I get on my feet with tears, walking to her. She is laughing throwing her head back, sitting on the edge of my desk. I stand in front of her and hold her hand. She stops laughing suddenly and looks at our hands. Tears pool in her eyes.