Part 8 - Who did it?

3rd Person POV

Jamie bolted into the Ivy Library which was deserted apart from Aric, Ellie, Lottie, Anastacia and Raphael. Catching Aric by surprise, he put his arm on Aric's chest and pinned him back to the wall, Lottie stepping back in surprise.

"Jamie!" Ellie exclaimed, but he ignored her, staring straight into Aric's eyes with resentment. "Jamie what are you doing?" Ellie said, her tone commanding, any hint of surprise at Jamie's outburst evaporated.

"He gave her the chocolate bar. Aric did." He spat.

"How do you know?" Ellie replied, showing no sign that she'd acknowledged Jamie's accusations, and he finally relinquished his grip on Aric, letting his arms fall to the the side as he began pacing slowly around the room.

"I spoke to her." He replied.

"Is she okay?" Ellie asked, and Jamie saw Lottie squeeze her hand reassuringly, but she saw him watching and quickly pulled away.

"She's fine. Or she will be."

"Was it...the...group?" Lottie said, aware of a certain someone in the room.

Raphael had been uncharacteristically quiet in the corner, but this comment made him perk up. "What group?"

"Nothing, Raphael. Nothing important." Jamie replied bluntly, turning his eyes back to Ellie and Lottie, but Raphael wasn't done.

"Of course it's important! God, Jamie. I'd like to know what you think is important if this isn't."

"There's many things I find important, Raphael. But telling you every single detail of our lives is not one of them." Jamie snapped.

Raphael's eyes widened; he looked around for back up from any of the others, but none came. "Whatever. I'm done. I'm going to speak to Kate."

"Don't." Jamie snapped again. "She doesn't want to see anyone."

"She say that?"

Jamie didn't respond, still looking between the floor and Ellie. Raphael scoffed, swiftly leaving the room.

"So you really think it's Leviathan, Lottie? The Hamelin formula?" Ellie said, glancing at her friend.

"Why don't you ask Aric? He's obviously one of them." Jamie remarked, and Ellie rolled her eyes.

"You think I could be apart of that? You think I poisoned my own princess?! Get real, Jamie. You've never like me from the start and this is just another reason for you to hate me." Aric yelled, this time him being the one to pin Jamie against the wall. Their strength was matched so  Jamie couldn't get free. Aric sighed and let him go, regaining his composure and turning to face them all. "I gave Kate the chocolate bar, yes. But I didn't poison it. Why would I?"

No one answered, and Aric sighed and began to walk towards the doorway, but stopped at the threshold. "By the way, Jamie, if you keep blaming us all you're never gonna get anywhere."

Jamie straightened out his uniform and cleared his throat, glancing at Ellie and Lottie as Aric left the room.