Chapter One

The day Tohru suddenly dropped on our doorstep was the day that changed the Sohma family forever. She was admiring Shigure's painted zodiac painted animals, as she was talking to my older cousin. I could feel the presence of someone standing behind me. "Morning Yuki!" I said cheerfully to my other cousin as I turned and smiled at him. He smiled slightly back at me. "Morning Kara. Who is Shigure talking to?"

I slid open the door slightly and could see a brown hair girl standing there with her back to me wearing the same blue uniform I wore. "I dunno, but it's some girl." I whispered. "Well, if it's a girl, we better get out there before Shigure tries to hit on her." Yuki said, slipping past me opening the door. I followed behind him and laughed when Yuki dropped his heavy book bag on Shigure's head.

"Oh! Miss Honda, good morning." Yuki said sweetly. I watched as Tohru's eyes grew wide as she realized who was standing in front of her. It was normal for girls to react to Yuki this way. The girls called him the Prince, because Yuki was awesome and handsome. "Oh Yu-Yuki! I..I didn't know you lived here!" I saw the girl bow in front of him as she stuttered.

I giggled slightly as I stood beside Yuki. "You don't have to bow to him. Morning Tohru!" I said and smiled. Tohru looked up at me and smiled widely. "Oh! Good morning Kara!" I put my bag on my back. "Are you on your way to school now?" Tohru nodded. "Great! We'll walk with you then..right Yuki?" I said gently elbowing him in the side.

Yuki remained quiet as Tohru and I talked all the way to school. When the three of us got to school, we each said our goodbye before parting ways. We'd all be in class later but Yuki needed to review his homework and Tohru went to go see her friends Hana and Uo. I walked to my locker, exchanged my shoes, then went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror at my shabby long orange hair. "Can't believe I left the house with this hair." I muttered as I quickly brushed my hair, then braided it.

The bell rang and I ran to class. The day went by pretty fast and soon, the school day was over. As Yuki and I walked down the path that led to Shigure's house where we stayed, I looked over at Yuki. As usual he was deep in thought. I felt my face flush as I looked at that perfect face, his bright purple eyes, my heart skipped a beat. The wind blew and his perfect bangs blew with the wind. Yuki, my cousin Yuki, Prince Yuki. My heart was beating fast in my chest. What was this feeling?

"Kara..Kara.." I snapped out of my daze. "Y-yes?" Yuki was now looking at me. I felt my face go even redder. Did he just catch me staring at him? "Are you alright?" His voice was soft and made me melt. I turned away from him. "I-I'm fine!" I said. "C'mon we should get home." I grabbed his hand and ran the rest of the way home, pulling him along behind me.