Chapter Three

I woke up to the sound of things breaking. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and yawned. "That's SO it, you stupid Rat!" My ears perked up at the familiar voice. I raced out of my room, nearly running into Tohru. "Oh! Morning Tohru!" I quickly said before racing downstairs. I got downstairs and slid the door open, perfect timing too, as I saw Yuki deliver one swift kick to Kyo, and sent him flying outside, landing on his back in the dirt.

Yuki walked past me and over to where Kyo was. "Had enough stupid cat?" he asked. Kyo quickly stood up, ready to fight Yuki again. "Why you little-" It happened so quickly. Tohru came running out of nowhere. "Wait! Please don't fight.." she cried, wrapping her arms around Kyo. All of a sudden there was a poof of smoke and the next thing I saw was Kyo in cat form. I quickly ran over and grabbed Kyo out of Tohru's hands as she looked confused. Yuki went to help Tohru up, but when she stood up, she tripped and ended up falling back against Yuki creating another poof of smoke.

Oh no.. I thought to myself. We're gonna have some trouble here. "Oh! I'm so sorry! So very, very sorry." Tohru said, looking around, and then looked down, seeing Yuki as a rat. "AH! Oh no! What happened? What did I do?! Oh I'm so, so sorry!" I walked over to her, Kyo still in my arms. "It's alright Miss Honda." I heard Yuki say, walking over towards Tohru, putting his little rat paws on her knees.

"This is what happens when someone of the opposite sex bumps or hugs them.." I told Tohru softly, as I picked up Kyo and Yuki's clothing. "It's the Sohma curse." Tohru looked up at me. "The Sohma curse?" I nodded, putting Yuki and Kyo's clothing behind the nearest bush. "Don't talk about it with her!" Kyo said. "Who the hell is she anyways?" I threw Kyo into the bush. "She's a friend from school and she is going to stay with us for a bit. And you have to be nice to her." I said, turning my back on him as I heard a poof as Kyo turned back to human form.

"Yeah yeah.." Kyo said getting dressed. "What a lovely greeting.." I looked at Kyo and stuck my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes and I smiled. We were twins. Same color hair, but that was all we had in common. My eyes were blue and I was five inches shorter than him. He also always had a temper, but through it all he was probably the nicest person you'd ever met. I didn't blame him for all that anger he had, he was considered the outcast of the family, but did he always have to blame Yuki? I sighed. I wished those two got along.

I heard another poof and looked to see Yuki standing behind the bush. I blushed and quickly turned around, walking back to the house. Tohru followed me into the house. "They're the zodiac animals." I stopped and looked back at Kyo. "Except for the cat.." I heard Tohru say. I looked at her and nodded. "It's sad." she said sadly.

I started cleaning up the mess when Shigure walked out, yawning. "I had this dream where I heard a lot of banging and crashing." He looked at me and looked around the room, which was destroyed. "Destroying the house again?!" he cried, looking around the room where we usually hung out. "I'll fix it up, Shigure." I said. "The two people responsible should fix it." he said, looking in the direction of Kyo and Yuki. "I take it Kyo is back?" I nodded. "Is..is he one of them too?" I heard Tohru ask and looked over at her before looking at Shigure. He looked confused.

"She knows..kinda had a bit of an incident.." I said, explaining what happened. Shigure, sitting down at the table, sighed. "Well, looks like we have a problem then. We'll have to tell him." The mention of Him made my blood turn cold. Shigure looked up at me. "It'll be alright. Though.." he looked over at Tohru and his stomach rumbled. "I'm hungry. Do we have any food?" he asked. I shook my head as I started cleaning up. Tohru and Yuki helped. When we were finished, I slowly walked upstairs in a daze. If Shigure went to see Him, He'd make sure Tohru would never remember. He'd make sure we'd stay away from her too. All because He was God.

I jumped slightly when I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at those red eyes staring down at me. "K-Kyo..you startled me." He tilted his head to the side. "You okay?" I nodded slowly. "Yeah." I said and smiled at him. Maybe a smile that was way too happy. I could see he didn't buy it. "I'm gonna be late for school." I said, quickly grabbing my bag and running back downstairs, almost into Yuki. Tohru was at the door. "Let's go..I'm ready." I said quietly and walked out the door.