Chapter Six

All through Thursday I felt like I was out of it, but I did my best to be cheerful. Having Tohru around really helped a lot, but I could also feel the eyes of Yuki and Kyo watching me. Could they tell something was wrong? I shrugged off the feeling. I picked through my dinner that night, not eating much. "Hey! After dinner we should play Rich Man, Poor Man." I heard Tohru say. Kyo threw his fist up in the air. "Yes! Now I'll have my chance to beat that damn Rat!" he said excitedly. "Don't you ever get tired of saying that?" Yuki said as he continued eating his rice, unfazed. Kyo growled.

"That's it! We're playing right now!" Kyo said standing up. Tohru giggled. I sighed and got up, clearing the table. Yuki helped me by putting the leftover food away and I could feel his eyes watching me every so often. I started to wash the dishes and when Yuki put his hand on my shoulder I jumped out of my skin dropping the plate back in the sink. "Kara, what is troubling you?" I shook my head and carefully picked the plate up again. "You haven't been acting like yourself and right now you jumped. That's not like you. What's wrong?" Yuki asked me again. I sighed. "Nothing.." I couldn't tell him about the visit to see Akito.

"I just have a lot of homework. And that exam is coming up, so..you know. Study, study!" I said and flashed him an all too fake smile. He was going to comment, but Tohru poked her head in. "Are you going to come play with us?" she asked us. I didn't feel like playing, but I needed to prove that I was alright. I looked over at Tohru and grinned. "I'll play!" I said and dried my hands. I walked by Yuki and gave him the 'See? I'm alright.' look before heading back into the other room. Yuki followed.

We played a few rounds and to be honest, I actually had fun. I totally sucked at it, but it was still fun. Yuki kept beating Kyo, Kyo, losing his temper, would want to play another round. I looked at the clock and it said 8:40. "Another game Kara?" I heard Tohru ask. I shook my head and stood up. "Nah..I got studying to get to. It was fun though. Thanks." I said to them, then quickly said good night and went upstairs to my room.

I closed the door and leaned against it, letting out the air I didn't know I was holding. Akito. God. The head of the family. I quivered. Ever since I was young, Akito treated us all like shit. Back then we were afraid to stand up to him. I was especially terrified of him, but tried to put up a good front.

I pulled out my pajamas and took my shirt off. In the mirror I looked at myself and staring back at me was a timid girl. I also noticed the scar that was given to me, on the front of my shoulder. I slowly ran my fingertips across it. I could still remember. This is what happened when you disobeyed Akito. I sighed again and put my pajamas on, then I got some books and laid on my bed and started studying.

"Hey Akito. Where's Yuki today?" a girl no older than nine asked the boy who was twelve. "Yuki can't come out today. Besides from now on I don't want him playing with outcasts like you and that stupid cat!" I clenched my fists and glared at him. "It's not Kyo's fault that he was born as the cat. You should stop treating him like an outsider because he's just like the rest of the zodiac members." Akito, his dark teal eyes, glared right back at the girl, then he sneered. "I can do whatever I want. I'm God! The head of the family! I can do what I want to the cat, he's just an outsider, a monster in disguise and I've got plans for him. Now leave, outcast."

He turned around and walked down the hall of the main house. "Hey! Wait!" the girl called after him, debating whether or not to follow him, disobeying the orders she was given. Finally she decided to follow. "What do you mean? Akito!" she called out, but the other boy disappeared. She sighed and decided that since she was here she was going to see Yuki. Right now she didn't care. She continued walking down the halls till she heard voices. The voices were coming from the last room in the hall. She quietly crept up to the partly open door and saw Hatori talking to Yuki. "You have to be more careful, Yuki." Yuki was sitting on the ledge of the window, looking out it. "I'm sorry Hatori. I'll be more careful." Hatori nodded and stood up. "You have a visitor." he said, looking towards the door and seeing the girl. The girl gasped slightly, afraid of being caught. "It's alright, you can come in." Hatori said softly, smiling slightly. The girl slowly walked into the room, and then when Hatori left, she threw her arms around Yuki, turning him into a rat.

They were giggling and having fun just hanging out with each other that they didn't notice who came into the room. "I THOUGHT I told you to leave! You are nothing but an outcast! An unwanted outcast!" Akito sneered. Yuki stood up. "I..I want her here Akito, she's my friend." Akito walked closer to the girl, who tried to show no fear. Akito smirked, then grabbed her orange hair, yanking her out of the room, Yuki's pleas being ignored. She tried to yank free from his grasp, but the slightly older boy was a bit stronger. "For disrespecting my orders you will be punished." he said as he opened the door to the small, empty dark room. The punishment room.

"In." he ordered. She shook her head. "No. I-I didn't do anything wrong." she said, trying to be brave. "You will do what you are told to do. I am GOD!" he said and she glared at him. "Well, if you're just God and I'm just an outcast, why should I listen to you?" She turned and started walking away.

Akito snapped. He quickly followed, reached out and grabbed her hair, yanking her head back and pulled her to the floor. Akito sat on top of her and the next thing she knew she was feeling sheer pain as something sharp pierced her shoulder. She tried crying out, tried to get out from under him but Akito covered her mouth. "This is what happens when you do not obey me." he hissed, his eyes hateful enough to send shivers down your spine...

I woke up screaming, grabbing my shoulder, falling off the bed. I tried catching my breath, realizing it was just a dream. There was a soft knock at the door, then Tohru poked her head in. "Are you alright Kara?" she asked, genuinely concerned. I nodded slowly, and then stood up. "Y-yeah...I'm fine. Sorry for waking you." I said quietly. "Good night Tohru." I quickly added and smiled at her. She was hesitant a second, wondering if she should leave or not, but I told her I was fine, that it was just a nightmare and that I'd just finish up with my studying and head back to bed. She nodded and finally left. I sighed and looked at the clock. 3:30 Am. Twelve and a half hours till my meeting with Akito. I shivered again as I tried to concentrate on my studies.