Chapter Three

A/N: Unedited and written at work but I hope you like it!

The wind is whipping harshly against the stone exterior of the mansion as they're settling into bed, the rain pelting the windows heavily. As Anastasia watches Oliver climb beneath the covers, she knows tonight's not going to be easy. His nightmares aren't as frequent as they were when she'd first met him, but storms will most likely always be a trigger. She follows his lead and crawls under the tasteful covers, entering what must be nirvana.The bed is lavish- the king sized mattress is outrageously soft and the sheets have more than a thousand thread count, the duvet is heavy and the pillow cradles her head almost tenderly. She groans as her tired bones seem to melt into the bed, her bright hair haloing around her, and it evokes a smile from Oliver.

"Beats the rocky ground of Lian Yu, huh?"

She rolls onto her side so they're face to face and reaches up with her right hand to scratch lightly at the stubble on his jawline. "I'm happy being wherever you are. I don't care if I'm sleeping on the ground in the woods or on a king sized bed in a mansion, as long as we're together we'll thrive. Даже хижина кажется раем, когда ты с любимым человеком." ( A Russian saying: Even a hut feels like paradise when you're with your loved one.)

He smiles and presses a kiss to the top of her head, curling his body around her protectively. "Я люблю тебя мой свет." ( I love you, my light)

"И я тебя, капюшон." (And I you, Kapushion)

He groans at the name, burying his face in her hair before mumbling into it. "Don't call me that, it makes me feel like Anatoly is here."

She laughs, shifting their position so that, rather than being pressed against her hair, his head is cradled against her chest and she drops a kiss on the top of it. "He will be soon enough, возлюбленный. Might as well get used to it." (beloved)

He groans again and then sighs. "Good night, Nastyusha." (Diminutive of Anastasia)

"Good night, любимый." (darling)