12

Àyànfé

"Hey Nori bear" I pulled her into a hug and soon as I got into the classroom.

"Babes!" She hugged me back even tighter. We stayed like this for what felt like forever. She didn't want to let go.

"O..kay...are you alright Nori?" I asked, because she was never this affectionate, Nafisa was.

"Yeah...yeah, I'm cool" She replied, pulling away. I took time to study her face, and she looked a bit sad.

"Talk to me babe. What's up?" I asked again, leading her to her desk.

"It's nothing. My period is just kicking my yansh" She chuckled weirdly, attempting to lighten the mood. [Butt]

"Are you sure?"

"Ay! I'm alright, okay? Ehn ehn, how was Angel's kickback?" She changed the subject.

"It was cool. I made a new friend though" I replied. "Why didn't you come?"

"Oooh who is this new friend?" She asked, totally ignoring my question.

"Natse. He is Angel's childhood friend and guess what? He's also going to UCLA" I answered excitedly.

"Mad o. See this foolish latecomer" Nori said, referring to Nafisa who was approaching us.

"Never on time" I agreed, laughing. She finally got to the desk with a huge grin on her face.

"Who the fuck is this happy at eight am?" I scrunched up my face.

"Bitch bye" She waved me off. "Nori bear!"

"Ei! Don't kill me o" Nori laughed, pulling away from Nafisa's bone-crushing bear hug.

"Umm hi girls" This girl named Olanna appeared in front of us.

"Hi" We greeted back.

"Mr Salako sent me to call you Nori" She said. Olanna was a pretty smart girl we had lessons with, and we were all cool with her.

"Where's he?" Nori asked her. Mr Salako was our German language tutor.

"He's in his office" She replied.

"Aight thank you Olanna" Nori stood up. "I'll be back besties"

__________________________

Nori

Mr Salako was focused intently on his computer as I entered his office. He lifted his head once he noticed someone had entered.

"Good morning sir" I greeted.

"Oh Jemide..how are you?" He replied, using my last name.

"I'm fine sir. Olanna said you were calling me" Mr Salako wasn't my favorite, and I wanted to make this as quick as possible.

"Oh yes! It's about your grades Jemide. Your cumulative mark on the mock exam was really bad. Did you even study at all?" He asked, screwing up his face.

"Of course sir, I did study"

"Well your score is saying otherwise" Mr Salako retorted.

"I'll do better sir" I just wanted to get out of this bitch.

"You better Jemide. This your score that I'm looking at ehn...I'm sorry, but it can't take you to any UCLA o" He said.

"It's not too late sha, you can apply to other colleges that don't really require high marks, or better still, just take the JAMB exam this year. I think the sales of form is still ongoing" He continued.