✩Fallen Angels (PT 1)✩

(AU: Techno is an assassin, Phil is a king, Wilbur and Tommy are the princes)

Happily ever after..

That was how the story always ended. At least.. that's how the fairytales ended.

The hero saves the day and goes on to live a happy life.

...

Techno had thought this was his fairytale. For eons, he had wandered the mortal plane, fighting wars, assassinating kings. With the curse of immortality by his side, he gained the title 'the blood god' and had became a household name in many kingdoms.

For some, it was the equivalent of a bogey man.. A kids story too scare children into being good. Others, an old wives tale, a story to make people under tyrannical rule have hope.

... However, for some, he was that which his title stated.. A god.

...It was said that if you prayed to the blood god late at night, and left an offering, you would wake to the news that their ruler had been slain in their sleep..

... People didn't know where he came from, but all they knew was that every time someone prayed, the royals would die without fail.

... This was, until he encountered the angel of death.

Which is where our tale begins.

Recently, the mumbles had gotten louder, turning into shouts for help. From what Technoblade could gather, there was a kingdom too the west, lining the coast. In this kingdom, ruled a brutal, murderous king..

The people cried out for a saviour, and like many times before, Techno was willing to listen too there cries for blood.

He had been travelling for a solid week at this point, and the kingdom had only just began to come into view. From what he had heard off the voices, the piglin was expecting too see a run down, decrepit city.

... But what stood infront of him was clearly the opposite. Tall beams of light sprouted either side the entrance, each varying from blue to green, too even the odd purple one.

So the myths about the mysterious nether stars and beacons were true stories..

A well-kept, cobblestone path, lined with alliums and tulips, lay before him. Dismounting his trusty steed, Techno stared onwards towards the elaborate gate.. For the first time in his existence.. He doubted the cries for help.. He doubted the mumbles that spoke of an uncaring tyrant who demolished the life that smothered the planet..

If this ruler was such a menace, what was he doing colour matching flowers to its surroundings. Holding the colt's reigns, the blood god began leisurely strolling down the path.

Whilst he was aware he should've definitely had more urgency, Techno, for once, instead wanted to admire the scenery.

The placement of this kingdom was truly a sight to behold. The sun rising behind the large, deep purple pillars of the castle probably added to the beauty, yet even minus that, it was stunning.

Everything, even down too the path he walked upon, was obviously built with compassion and care. He passed a bird bath, carved from calcite and amethyst (which flowed through the white rock, the rivers of lilac winding their way around) and a well that on a sign, stated in gold lettering, 'For travellers who need it. Stay hydrated'.

... Techno was begining to think he was in the wrong place. Infact, he was almost a hundred percent certain that he'd messed up his directions. This couldn't be the place.

... Couldn't hurt too look around though.. And so, his curiosity got the best off him as he strode down the path.

The gate was even more elegant up close, the work put into each swirl engraved into the stone was.. the best way to describe it was incredible. Especially for the size of the archway itself. As he admired the handywork, a certain statue caught his attention.

In the centre of the quaint village was a fountain, which was fairly extravagant. The water danced down, creating a feast for the eyes and, upon the top of this, was a female figure.

The statue was clearly special as it was free from muck and clearly cared for. Each lifelike feature made Techno jealous.

You see, he himself was quite the artist. A habit he had picked up a while back in the early years of his so called 'career'.

Technoblade molded statues of the Gods. He was an avid reader of myths and legends, becoming fascinated by the myths of the blaze goddess and the stories of XD.

He couldn't help but look at the handywork in awe, and was now getting ready too change his mission too meet the very artist who created such a beautiful work of art.

Maybe even being prepared too make some work of his own.

The blood god, someone well known for being a traveller, was genuinely debating staying in this very town. The curiousity at the back of his mind grew by the second.. Who was responsible for the handywork he so admired?

Techno couldn't help the smile that overtook his face at the thought of his happy ending.. A break from the travelling, somewhere to call home.. Retirement, even.

But then the voices forcefully yanked him out of his fantasy, and reminded him of his mission.

Confront the tyrannical ruler of these parts.

The weary immortal took a final glance at the woman. Large, blackstone wings sprouted from her back as, surprisingly, white marble laced with shades of purple amazingly represented satin flowing across her dress. Golden jewelery covered her body as a small, black crow sat in her open, outstretched palms.

... Crows sat on her shoulders, seemingly not fazed by the glistening blue the fountain sprayed out. The longer he looked, the more details became apparent too him, yet, he pulled his gaze away.

His new focal point, became the castle that sat near the path infront of him.

This town was truly amazing, somewhere Techno thought would be a worthy retirement place..

Until he noticed one odd fact, where were all the townsfolk..?

The houses were clearly inhabited. Candles lay lit in windows, curtains open and shut yet, all the doors stayed closed. No one seemed to dare confront the stranger.

... Maybe they knew of him? Maybe they hid inside their houses out of fear, believing he was here for their blood.

Destroyer of tyrants, The blood God, the anarchist. Maybe these titles were well known names here.

... He shrugged the thought off, pulling out his axe and walking towards the castle. Techno wanted to get this job over and done with so he could go and find the people responsible for the gorgeous decorations.. especially that statue.. He had too meet them.. Maybe ask too be an apprentice of the sculptor for a small while?

A chuckle escaped the war hero's mouth as he tied his horse, Carl, too the fence outside the beautifully done castle entrance.

With a knock, it seemed the inhabitants fate had been sealed.